TBD

TBD on Ning

Want to join me for a stroll or a sit ?

Views: 237

Replies to This Discussion

There are garden tours here in Boston, or there used to be.  The Hidden Gardens of Beacon Hill and then they was another in the South End.  The historic societies used them as fund raisers I think.  Some pretty amazing spaces.  I am definitely ready for spring and can't wait to see my forsythia start to bud.  We are getting snow squalls here today.  I saw my first robin last week and perhaps we'll see the crocus start peaking through the snow soon...

It 's below zero all this week.  I have forgotten what spring feels like.  I love gardens, so calming. 

looks like you guys are gonna get slammed again this week .. i gotta admit i used to live up in the northeast .. jersey and nyc  and out on the island too but i don't ever remember a winter so brutal .. and i hate winter which is why i'm in florida so them bad winters stick out in my head .. and i can remember some cold winters back in the 70's , but none that i can recall that are worse than they're gettin up there now .. 

You must have left before the 90s.  94 and 96 were like this--the never ending winters.  Sucks! 

Plus, we had a few warmer days this week, so lots of snow melted ( although you'd never know by looking at it but it sounded like Niagara Falls around here on those warmer days), my sump pump broke , the back up pump was plugged into a socket to which the power was turned off when Hank was putting some new electric stuff in the basement, and my basement flooded.  Now the house smells,lots of stuff got ruined, and I have to get someone in to take all the stuff out of the basement--Yuck and Fuck!  And I hope Eddy Dingo doesn't censor me because I don't usually type that word but I DESERVE to curse!

Good news is that this storm is only going to drop a few inches in Northern NJ.

Crest, I feel for you.  I went through something similar a few years ago.  But in addtion to the flooding I had a burst pipe.  It was a mess.  You sure do deserve to curse. 

For me, bad winters are like labor pain for women with kids.  After you have the baby, the memory of the pain fades, otherwise you would never have another.  Each winter seems like it is the worst ever, until the next one.  What I am hating about it just now is that the snow didn't fully melt away in the last mini-thaw we had.  So there are still clumps and mounds of ice in the streets cutting down on the available spaces to park.  Now that we are in March, that is way more likely to happen.  Bad winters like this one, make spring all that more glorious!  :)

well then you guys are gonna have one hellaciously glorious spring then ain'tcha .. 

and yeah i left in 89 cresty so i missed 94 and 96.. i was stuck down here in florida .. it was terrible .. we went all the way down to the 40's one nite .. brrrr..

ok don't get mad .. i'm just kiddin .. ( i'm aware that you're probably on your last nerve now so i won't tease anymore .. )   spring is commin .. 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

It is funny Pat, several times this season I wondered why they can't think of a cost effective way to transport the snow to areas in need of the water.  I realize they can make it rain in the right places, but the east coast on north west have been looking for places to put the snow, why not send it out west and dump it in Lake Powell.  I know it is a crazy notion, but it really is too bad. The drought in the west brings to mind the Steinbeck novel.

yeah .. this weather thing is a real bitch ain't it ??  kinda like a woman .. you can bitch about her but it won't change .. same thing for the weather .. did that sound chauvanistic , just a little bit ?? err ..what i meant was women are like soft warm breezes and winter is a real bitch .. yeah lets go with that instead ok .. cept for a woman or two i've known .. winter ain't never been that cold .. 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service