TBD

TBD on Ning

What comes after the initial YES WE CAN slogan? Looking for the unspoken follow up to this phrase, both positive and negative. Call it the fill in the blank game. Here are some examples:

YES WE CAN...say one thing and do another.
YES WE CAN...vote to raise everyone's taxes and not pay our own.
YES WE CAN...fan the flames of racism rather than judge people by the content of their character.
YES WE CAN...screw things up just as much as the Republicans, but in a different way.
YES WE CAN...what?

Tags: Obama, politics

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YES WE CAN...advocate for people who have no food, clothing, shelter, medicine, water...but, we'd rather bitch and moan that WE don't have "enough" while we're shopping at the supermarket and chatting on our cell phones.
That person is NOT ME. You seem to make alot of assumptions Wylde. You know what it's like to be stereotyped...and yet here you are...
I don't live in Ethipiopia. I know that we send alot of aide to alot of places and without a thought about it. But to help our own..oh no.
Where's the Equal Rights? So, you assume we are just bitching? I've been making phone calls, signing petitions, emailing. Now writing a letter to the hospital and more about the mistreatment I got.
I am also fighting one hell of a pain from the migraine attack the hospital caused me.
What is your deal? You are so hateful toward people who JUST WANT NOT TO BE DENIED COVERAGE!!
What the hell does the Ethiopian mother have to do with this????????
I'm hateful...okay. If I don't agree with your opinion and think there might be a better way...I'm hateful.

What the Ethiopian mother has to do with this is that you don't appreciate your blessings. You care about yourself and only yourself while you're living like royalty compared to that woman.

And I'm hateful...okay, Marge...whatever you say. Nice to see how much you really "value my friendship"...until I disagree with you about ONE issue. And like I've said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....I think it's a good idea for people to have this care...BUT I DON'T TRUST THE POLITICIANS TO DELIVER ON THEIR PROMISES. What is wrong with that? Can you answer me in a civilized way, that is, without calling me hateful or some other nasty name? Friend...
No, jacuin, YOU are doing the self wallerin'. I'm fine the way I am. I'm grateful for everything I have. I'm not self-focused on what I DON'T have, I'm eternally grateful for what I DO HAVE. You, however, can't see past yourself or your needs.

I don't why I picked Africa. Because I'm a horrible, whining, hating person, I guess. What's your point? That I'm prejudiced against "hideously poor people" in other countries besides Africa? It was an example and you know that. But, because you don't have a logical response, you are once again attempting to twist it around into me being an awful human being.

ONCE AGAIN - I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE GREAT HEALTH CARE - I JUST DON'T BELIEVE THAT THE GOVERNMENT CAN PROVIDE IT! Of course, I've said this before, but you refuse to listen.
What ya gonna do when YOU LOSE IT? Will you be grateful then. Get screwed by your insurance company. Have them do to you what they did to me. Lie, deny and once you lose your insurance, have pre-existing conditions, YOU CAN'T GET COVERAGE.
The government CAN Run the VA, Social Securtity, Medicare, but not this?
Let's leave the CROOKS in the insurance co. in charge.
I've already been denied coverage for my psoriatic arthritis. I CAN'T GET COVERAGE. I still don't think the government will deliver on it's promises.

But, I'm a hateful whiner, according to you, my "friend".

By the way, the government has bankrupted social security and medicare...it won't be there when I'm ready to retire...so please explain why I'm supposed to trust the government not to spend the health insurance money on other stuff?
You have insurance or not? I'm not talking about A Denial of a claim, I'm talking about denial to get insurance ! I am denied the right to get insurance. I cannot get insurance at all of any kind as far as health.
Now, if you own a car, you HAVE to HAVE Insurance. Your car can be a piece of crap, but you can get it insured. I've done nothing wrong to create this situation. I was a responsible paying insurance customer.
BTW, the govt of yrs ago, common sense would've told them, baby boomers supported all the old people, like my parents for s.security. Then,duh, the baby boomers had less kids, and their kids had less kids...and so on. Even I knew 20yrs ago this was going to happen.
So, planning would have help. Well, like I said before, look at the VA hospitals,prior to now as we all know the media will rip into them. My husband goes there. It's all in one building, doctors of all specialies. A pharmacy. If he goes to the er and needs a prescription, we've been there at 3 am and they bring the prescriptions to him from the pharmacy.
You go and your dr gives you a prescription, you sit and wait for your name to come up on the monitor.
Wylde, we've been friends for awhile, we have in common: we speak our minds and we're sensitive.
I don't think you get it, I will pay for it, I will pay for coverage. I NEED it. I Can't get anything. I was duped by my insurance co. Now, no insurance co will cover me. And why would I trust them again?
I'm not getting social security...or medicare....I NEED this.
After this, I'm done on your discussion, I'll leave it to others and you. I still consider you a friend. I am hurt by your attitude as you are mine, I take it.
I have my own discussion going so I'll stay there. I've made it as clear as I can. That's all I can do .
Yes we can build each other up..or tear each other down
Yes we can make self improvements..or allow ourselves to be beat down

Yes we can back those we voted into office..or we can grumble and watch the change around us without being a part of the process.
Yes we can be an active part of the changes needed in health care..or we can allow our own people to continue to suffer and live a life less than "this country" claims to behold.

Yes we can honor the strengths and visions of those who built this country..or we can be a part of it's ruin
Yes we can unite, help, connect, communicate, co-operate, and fight for change..or we can continue the petty argument that has not and does not produce positive change.

Yes I do believe that we as a people can rebuild that which has been allowed to fall apart, we can rebuild, regain and restructure that which has not worked for ALL Americans in the past. Yes, Oh Yes we can...

Yes we can provide for all Americans a more level playing field, so that all are equal in all aspects of the living of the American life.

We are not a third world country, we are not any other country, we are America....Yes we Can!
Some of these are great sentiments, but I don't think Obama will produce any of it.

I do have to comment on the "level playing field" thing...Obama never talks about wealth creation or helping the poor rise above their circumstances...I believe that his idea for "leveling the playing field" means tearing down the wealthy and middle class so that everyone suffers the same.

Bush favored his rich friends at the expense of the poor and middle class and Obama favors the poor at the expense of the rich and middle class. Notice how the middle class ALWAYS gets screwed? They're both extremists and I didn't vote for either of them. Where are the sensible middle-of-the-roaders?
If any of you care to read the entire thread, you will notice that I was perfectly reasonable and responsible throughout most of it. However, after being continually attacked for daring to express my opinion (which may prove to be wrong - and I've said this multiple times, too) - I'm beyond caring. Since you have chosen to take the low road, I will follow your path. Good job!
Dear Wylde, I have read before I responded the first time the entire thread and I thank you for it. I think right from the start that the idea of "Yes We Can" was a great thing to open things up. I hope that I have not caused you to feel attacked, for I think attacking people is something our world could use so much less of!

I find it difficult to believe that "you" are beyond caring, Wylde, In the past I have come to think of you as a very caring man, one filled with passion for those things that are of importance to you and to those around you.
I hope am glad for the opportunity to express Wylde. I still feel that, Yes we can".
You're right, Tina, I'm NOT beyond caring. I do care. I want everyone to have great heatlh care.

I don't BELIEVE that the government will deliver what they are promising. That's been my whole point all along. I NEVER said people shouldn't have good health care. I've ALWAYS said that the government is notorious for promising one thing and delivering another. I'm afraid that people will be very disappointed and find that their insurance is more expensive, not less and their care is diminished, not increased. I think it will turn out like social security - they will collect all the premiums and then use the money for other things, then when people need health care, they'll shrug and say "Sorry - we can't afford it."

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service