TBD

TBD on Ning

Views: 4461

Replies to This Discussion

Think it would be a good thing if we all heard this song and took it to heart. Thank you DD!

Illustration of Aretha Franklin by Luis Alves - Tundra Books

Musician writes book so kids can appreciate music legends, too

6 days ago

You'd be hard-pressed to find someone under the age of 40 who knows who Robbie Robertson is, and that's probably why the former member of The Band has decided to author a children's book that teaches kids about music legends. The book "Legends, Icons & Rebels: Music That Changed the World" features bios and illustrations (including the one above) which highlight memorable names across countless genres, including The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Hank Williams, Sam Cooke and others. The entire project, Robertson explains in the introduction, came about when his son noticed, while working at a children's recreation and learning center, that the kids weren't responding to the mediocre tunes of today nearly as much as the classic rock of yesteryear. Maybe there's hope for the youth after all.

That is nothing less than spectacular!!! Well, I have listened to some of the current selections the now generation gravitate towards and some of it may fare well, but, I really am not too impressed by a large part of it. You also must take note of the songs that seem to be chosen for commercials on TV....it isn't the music from today. I just heard

....and that's just one example of the choices made when trying to reach a wider audience of prospective listeners and buyers.

here's a Robbie Robertson selection...

I like that one Flipper ....seems so meaningful. Thanks :)

Teebubbadee...that was very cool.  Shadowman, I haven't heard Space Oddity for awhile. That was great!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service