TBD

TBD on Ning

The weathermen say the temperature is going to reach extremely high levels today,
And everyone should check on the elderly and senile.

Are you OK???

Well, someone sent it to me!!!!!

Tags: awareness, fires, floods, weather

Views: 28

Replies to This Discussion

The electricity  went out about 2 hours ago. I heard it was out in a very large area. One nice thing about living in a motor home. Most of us have generators. When the temp started getting uncomfortable I just cranked up the Gen. The electric is back on now so I just shut down the Gen.

RRC bitchy, NAW, Never, (;>)

Reminds me of Carlton's Prize. Isn't Carlton's prize that rock that Native American's leave tobacco at in Lake Champlain? I had a boy friend who was half Inuit and he used to walk out there on the ice to do that. His grandfather was a shaman who sat in the whaling boats with one of those masks. Jeezum ,if I wasn't so senile these days, I'd remember.
I'm going to enlarge this and hang it on my office wall :-)
Good one, Daddieo!
:P It's 63 here at 4:50 am so the fan is cooling off the house and the windows are wide open. Had to sleep downstairs on the couch last nite but didn't use the air conditioner. The lady at the pharmacy actually complained about the cooler summer weather we had a few weeks ago . The running joke is that there are 9 monthes of winter here and 3 monthes of really bad sledding. (I picked this area cause I don't do heat very well and the average temps are generally cooler.) How anyone can complain about a simple rain storm just seems so oblivious to what is happening around the globe with the weather. Unfortunately alot of people seem to think that living here is not that great. I figure that we are long overdue for the mother of all ice storms  this winter and then we'll be in step with the rest of the country.............................

Currently 82 with 69% humidity.

Heading towards 93 by noon...

A couple of years ago we had a heat wave that lasted almost three weeks, temps above 100 every day.

When it ended, and temps dipped into the 70's, I swear I saw idiots wearing winter parkas, complaining that it had gotten "cold". 

They're predicting temps in the low hundreds by tomorrow, with "feels-like" temps between 115 and 120. Maybe now would be a good time to start re-arranging all the heavy unmarked boxes in our unventilated attic. Yeah, that's the ticket...

I went to the hardware store last year early in the morning and they had absolutely zero ventilation in a heatwave and it must have been ninety in there around 8am. I told them they needed ice cream and they looked at me like I fart pink elephants or have a third eye in my forehead. SSSSSSSSSSSo since ice cream was on sale I bought some  and plastic spoons and bowls and napkins and dropped them off around noon, think it cost me all of 5 maybe 6 bucks but now everytime I go into the hardware store I get special treatment. heeeeeeeee Also have to get more of those ice pops for the mail man/ person. Talk about a rough day. They offered me a job lately which I think I could handle if it weren't for my ankles swelling up on me every so often.
I think I'm going to start hoarding snow in my freezer..............................

Had snow in April....less than 4mos ago....I'm not going to complain..maybe bitch a little when I get the 'lectric bill.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service