Do you decorate? I never used to (Christmas was my thing) but my daughter left some stuff here a couple of years ago, and I've added a lot of lights, and some more decorations.
Quote from darrol on a different thread... If you find a turd in a bag, call it as you see it.
More Halloween decorations.
The Garage Ghoul
R You Scared? I was. Putting lights in a cactus is frightening!
My grandson calls this guy Mr. Pumpkinhead Skeleton.
The Deadend Cemetery.
All that's left now is to either add a mini strobe or string some lights around the skull in the tree, and run some extension cords for the 2 fog machines and the mini strobe that flashes on the fog.
You go all out. It looks good the way you do it. Everytime I look at the stuff in the stores, it always looks so cheap and phoney.
Ya gotta look it through a child's eyes. It's all phoney, but some of it ain't cheap. Thankfully my daughter left most of this stuff for me when she moved into an apartment. Last year I added all the lights. This year I added the big skull, another fog machine, and MR. Pumpkinhead Skeleton. Lord knows what will be added next year. (or this year, I still have almost a month)
I went looking for some of our old Halloween pics, but found only one. One year Dee and I dressed as scarecrows with real pumpkins on our heads. I scraped the insides so that they were thin enough that they didn't weigh a ton, and used a blow dryer on the inside so they weren't all gooey. We each had 2 mini flashlights attached to our glasses so that the pumpkins had a nice glow. Not shown in this pic, but we also had real straw "stuffing" coming out around our necks, hands and feet.
You Know You Are Too Old To Trick Or Treat When:
10. You get winded from knocking on the door.
9. You have to have another kid chew the candy for you.
8. You ask for high fiber candy only.
7. When someone drops a candy bar in your bag, you lose your balance and fall over.
6. People say: "Great Boris Karloff Mask," And you're not wearing a mask. (Extra points if you know who Boris Karloff was! )
5. When the door opens you yell, "Trick or..." And can't remember the rest.
4. By the end of the night, you have a bag full of restraining orders.
3. You have to carefully choose a costume that won't dislodge your hairpiece.
2. You're the only Power Ranger in the neighborhood with a walker.
And the number one reason Seniors should not go Trick Or Treating...
1. You keep having to go home to pee.
No matter, have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN anyway.
The people at work want to go to work in costume, so I guess I'm going to have to come-up with something. I don't think I could work in a tu-tu. Any ideas for what I should be?
I think you should be Betty Joan Perske.
I doubt I could pull that one off.
You could always carve a pumpkin and stick it on your head.