TBD

TBD on Ning

In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, a small but powerful force has existed for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps. A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers. But when a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds).
Hal is a gifted and cocky test pilot, but the Green Lanterns have little respect for humans, who have never harnessed the infinite powers of the ring before. But Hal is clearly the missing piece to the  puzzle, and along with his determination and willpower, he has one thing no member of the Corps has ever had: humanity. With the encouragement of fellow pilot and childhood sweetheart Carol Ferris (Blake Lively), if Hal can quickly master his new powers and find the courage to overcome his fears, he may prove to be not only the key to defeating Parallax he will become the greatest Green Lantern of all.

More info to come!

Tags: 2011, Green, Lantern, Reynolds, Ryan

Views: 15

Replies to This Discussion

Holy cow! Now Earende you know this board is gonna light up! Why ya wanna torture us poor guys?

2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????? GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

I need to know more! Gimmee a good website! Who else is in it!!! What??!!
Heehee! Riggs!! I wouldn't leave ya hanging like that! I just have to gather as much info for you crazy DC /Marvel comics people satiated!

The cast are as follows: Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan / Green Lantern; Blake Lively as Carol Ferris; Peter Sarsgaard as Hector Hammond; Mark Strong as Sinestro; Tim Robbins as Senator Hammond; Angela Bassett as Dr. Amanda Waller.
No Evil Shall Escape My Sight....

Mark Strong has sprung up the list for my evil dudes...he has a very distinctive voice (loads of narrations). Right pick for Sinestro.
I can dig that Zen!!! Dig that phrase!

The new poster was released back in June:

This is supposed to make the fans very happy because it is sticking to the original storyline. Also, in the works as we speak, a sequel is being born! Sounds like a trilogy may be close behind that...
I kind of remember this character, but keep confusing him with The Green Hornet.

I remember Sinestro was his mentor and them became his nemesis (usually how it starts), but wasn't Hal the first "human" to become Green Lantern?
And, who plays Abin Sur?
Temuera Morrison. Great character actor.
As a Hal Jordan enthusiast, I’m not a huge fan…so far. No white in the uniform, the ring is off. And why exactly does the uniform have the lines? If you CGI the uniform, there is the ability to be even closer to the source material. I may be a perfectionist, but first impression is not up to snuff. Plus I’m still wary about Lively as Carol, and I’ll wait to see Sinestro, Kilwog, Hammond and Abin Sur before I get behind this.
In perfect agreement with you, Max. So far, I’ve seen a few too many missteps in this one. Reynolds casting, Lively’s casting, the CGI suit, Parallax in the first film, the completely off-track tagline for the one-sheet (“Anyone Can Be Chosen” misses the point entirely). Peter Sarsgaard, Mark Strong and Martin Campbell directing are the only things that continue to give me some hope for the film.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service