TBD

TBD on Ning

okay, 2 days in a row now, i'm here and i'm opening.  don't get spoiled!

I find that i can't really even imagine the life of someone in 1776.  having one's day defined by the rising and setting of the sun, without artificial/electric light.  as a woman, having no legal rights whatsoever, never mind the backbreaking labor of feeding and clothing a family -- unless one were wealthy enough to have servants or slaves, that is, but somebody had to do the work.  a day's travel would have been what, maybe 25 miles on foot or wagon?  a distance many of us go, to the grocery store nowadays.

ok, enough musing about unpleasant things.  May you have a delightful day appreciating the rights and privileges that our Founding Fathers so thoughtfully set up for us.

Tags: celebrate, day, feast, freedom, independence, picnic, responsibilities, rights

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

Happy 4th everyone....I am being lazy for a while, then heading to a annual antique sale hosted by one of our vendors. Then it is home to finish the potato salad and get ready for friends to stop over for some celebrating.
hope it'll be a great celebration, at your house this evening!  yay!

Happy forth everyone...Looks as if everyone is out and about this morning...I am heading to a meeting...getting my daughter her 16th AA sobriety chip...she was nineteen when she got sober and has just turned 35 and then am going to a picnic...stay until I get too hot...then who knows..

Have a great day filled with love and laughter

that'll be a great day, Thalia, thank you!

Thanks, Lynn for sharing those thoughts, and for opening.  Nice picture!

We FINALLY got some rain.  Actually, a lot of rain.  I went to the water park with the whole family (and extended), we had a great time, but by 2:30 I was watered out.  Just as I pulled onto the main road (1/2 mile) it poured!  Came down so fast and hard the rest of the 45 minute drive home.   I talked to my daughter later, and they had a just a light sprinkle at the water park for a few minutes.  Crazy. The sun is out once again, and I don't have to water flowers.  

I hope you're all having a safe holiday.  I'm done.  I need to get stuff in order for work tomorrow, and I may look out my bedroom window at the fireworks later, if I'm not asleep.

Thalia, congrats to your daughter!  That's awesome, it really is!  *smiles for all of you*

RRC, have a good time at the sale!  Wish I could go with you.  I like anything "sale"!

I had a great time...except it was HOT....no air conditioning in the house where all the antiques were. I found a Queen's Lace bowl, a pair of candle sticks, a Irish Turquoise and Peridot Necklace and a Vargas style picture as a gift for my hubby..if I can keep it hidden that long. 

I am sitting for a moment before our friends arrive, the grill is heating up, potato salad is made and the house looks respectable. 

Kiefer has already been popping a few firecrackers and can hardly wait until the sun goes down.

Irish turquoise and peridot. . . interesting!

**runs to look up peridot**

peridot and turquoise would make a beautiful combination!  i guess i had thought you'd be antiquing for the shop instead of for yourself, but go for it, those are definitely your colors!

hope the party goes off smashingly!

Cat, good that you guys got some rain, so did we.  overnight, and just now, i was surprised to see the road is wet, in front of the house here.  apparently, t'storms will remain south of the fireworks on the Mall, those should go off just fine!

Well since I don't have anything to sell in the store I have to buy for myself. I will have to post a pic of the necklace..it is gorgeous. 

Had fun, good food, watched Kiefer set off the fireworks and made a early night of it.

I stood in my driveway and watched the fireworks display in Arvada...didn't have to go far eh, and I love fireworks...took a walk to the Columbine memorial today, as we were in the park for a barbeque...wow, very powerful, am so glad that my children are still with me today, cannot imagine what it would be like to lose a child..have a happy tuesday filled with love and laughter

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service