TBD

TBD on Ning

I haven't posted for a while so I decided to see if the TBD Bookoholics Group was still alive.  Glad to find you all here.  I am now living in Lebanon, Ohio on a retirement campus run by the Methodist Church. I'm still reading and in the Facebook EONS group with Aggie who runs this website.  Here are some top picks from the 98 books I read this year.  

--"The Alice Network" by Kate Quinn

--"An American Marriage" by Tayare Jones

--"Where the Crawdads Sing" by Delia Owens

--"A Gentleman from Moscow" by Amor Towles

--"Zoo Nebraska" by Carson Vaughan 

Have a Happy New Year and enjoyable reading.  

Maurice Dion, aka, Mandy Muffin

A note of sorrow:  Mandy Muffin, my cherished West Highland Terrier, has passed on. My newest pet is a tuxedo cat called Bat Man.  Since I've been using a screen name of my pet over the years, I suppose I should change.  

Views: 45

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry for the lost of your cherished pet.  

Thanks for the list, might be some idea for me

Welcome Bat Man..........may the adventure begin

Unfortunately, I also lost my wife of 47 years a couple of years back. But I am strong with family all around me.  I am the granddad of 6 month old baby boy who I call my "replacement unit."  I also gave my 5 year old granddaughter a Kindle reader for Christmas. Of course, it was the child's edition.

Mandy, loved WHERE the CRAWDADS SING!  Had a copy shipped this week to a dear friend in nursing home in N.C. For her 85th birthday. She’s on total care but can read if she has books. 

Perhaps you saw that I read two terrific books the past couple weeks.  Check them out in “Current Reads”.  Today I picked up Diane Chamberlain’s BIG LIES in a SMALL TOWN.

What are you reading now, Mandy?

I am reading a former Pulitzer Prize winner from the 1980s, "Foreign Affair" by Allison Lurie. Well written story of two American people in London who meet strangers and have a "foreign affair."  I just finished, "A Better Man" by Louise Penny and enjoyed anther trip the land of my ancestors, the Eastern Townships of Quebec.  

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service