TBD

TBD on Ning

Here is a list from USA Today of 100 top selling books from this year and similar lists back 5 years:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2013/01/16/100-best-sellin...

I did a search and found I have read 44 of the 2012 books listed. 

I just finished "Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks, which is soon to be released as a movie next month. I read "The Hobbit" so many years ago I thought it was a true story.   

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

Read 15 of the 2012 books, 20 of the 2011 books...  started 2 others on the lists and put them aside... best selling doesn't necessarily equate with "Best"    ...IMHO 

"Chacon a son gout," as the French say.  I agree as I sometimes pick up a best seller and wonder who wrote this crap.  A lot of the people would say the "Fifty Shades" series falls into this category as well as most of the James Patterson quick read pop-novels.  We all have favorites or discover some gem.  I just thought it was informative to see what the Best Sellers have been for the past five years according to USA Today.  Sometimes you read a book just to find out why everybody else is reading it. 

This was an interesting look at what people read...certainly not what I read.  Only read 5 of last year's list, 12 the year before, and 13 the year before that, but many of mine were duplicates from year to year.  I agree with Carci...best selling does not necessarily equate with Best!!

Re Hobbits, yes I thot the same thing & was captivated when the 1st movie came out.  I wonder how this new one will be?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service