TBD

TBD on Ning

I found this link in Louise Penny's June Newsletter (Do you subscribe>  It's very personal and great fun!):

http://www.booklistreader.com/2015/05/06/mystery-fiction/the-101-be...

Great list of books to read; although some of you may have read them all already.  This is a compilation of the 10 best crime novels of each of the last 10 years, plus an extra book for 2007.  Louise Penny tops the list with 6 of her books listed.  Jo Nesbo and CJ Box had multiple entries as well.  Of course, some favorite authors were not included.  For me, there were many I am not familiar with.  So many  books, so little time!!

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

URSULA!!! I love that list. Copy to my home e-mail so I can print out and start requesting from my Library!!!

I see that Adrian McKinty made the list! You know I really must go to Ireland someday!!!

It often seems like I have a stack of books and then try out 50 pages or a disc and then trash! So I've been scrambling to add to my wish list ever since Jan 1st!

I am sooooo excited!!!~ct
Ursula, I didn't find Louise's June news letter great fun but very touching. I can relate to her situation. Wishing her and Michael comfort in their new home. She practices what she preaches! God love her!!!!

Louise's newsletter made me so sad, even moreso than I was when I first learned of Michael's situation.

So terrible to have to move from such a beautiful house and grounds, but it was of necessity.  Sadder still is the fact that he doesn't always know who she is, although we, and she, knew this would come.  I sincerely hope that his sons are able and willing to pick up some of the slack in Michael's care.  Glad they were able to go along to the Jamaica vacation!

Of course, you're right, there isn't much fun in her current circumstances as you and others well know.  I also am touched by Louise's generosity in sharing their journey with us.  I know some hate the term journey when speaking of a medical situation, which unfortunately has but one final ending, but I think it is very generous to let us see her humanity....and having taken my own journey (pancreatic cancer, not Alzheimer's) with my husband, I know how much it helps to share the experience with others and to have their support.  Perhaps Louise's newsletter should be shared with all caretakers, whatever the illness.

It is always interesting to read the comments, especially those who have some disagreement. For me, I would like to have seen something by George Pelecanos, an excellent writer of noir crime.

As far as I could tell, I have read only about a dozen of the books listed. But that’s OK. I would not like to be seen as a reader whose focus is overwhelmingly on a single genre.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service