TBD

TBD on Ning

...The Ranch's answer to you -know - what - with no rules.

Go ahead...tell us what you're having for dinner - we can't wait! Got a cute pic of kitty peeking out of a paper bag? Post it! We live for that stuff!

Math addict? How about a refresher on the Pythagorean Theorem?

Like macaroni and cheese? Tell us why!

So even if you're not a writer or a poet (yet), there's still plenty of fun things to do at the Armadillo!

Oh baby, oh baby!

Views: 7171

Replies to This Discussion

umm...Nyquil with a Benadryl chaser?

Although I like Westerly's answer better, I sometimes take my mother (who can't see very well, can't walk very well, can't hear very well, and really isn't very nice) for a drive in the country or past old haunts.  Play some music she likes, and it can be fairly pleasant.

I like Westerly's answer as well! Trouble is, Houston is not her "old haunts" -- she moved there to be close to my brother and his wife (and to torture them with unreasonable demands). I do have a couple of plays to take her to (she'll fall asleep, but "it's the thought that counts") and dread the work of getting her in and out of the theater. Fortunately this time around, my husband is accompanying me, so will be a big help at least one day. (The other day I am spending "quality time" by myself, yikes.) But thanks to my writer buds for the suggestions! Who knew people were going to start living so long? Waaaay too long.

Cheers!

-M

"Quality time with HER, I meant to say. Yikes squared.

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to another installment of the Bmichael “WTF And I’m Getting Really Tired Of This (expletive deleted).”

Tonight’s program is brought to you by Westerly, Inc…manufacturers of fine calico pumpkins and cabbage patch porch scenes.

“If you’ve got a porch…they’ve got a scene!”

Our story tonight begins as Bmichael rises early on a warm mid-October morning…draws back the curtains and peers expectantly into the great green expanse of his back yard and discovers…green.

“%^$#@$!” exclaims Bmichael.

(Translation – “Oh my goodness…it’s mid October, and the leaves haven’t even started to change. I wonder what’s going on?”)

“&)*($@%!”

(Translation – “Well this is certainly a quandary. Usually by this time of year I’m up to my gibs in brightly colored, fallen leaves, happily burning them (against all federal, state, and local laws) in giant bonfires.)

“(#@(^&$$!”

(Translation – “Is this happening to you? Is Fall being delayed in your neck of the woods?”)

Westerly, you are excused, in that it is a well known, scientific fact that your state does not actually have discernible weather.

Here in upstate NY we have passed the leaf peak, and fallen leaves are everywhere.

We do have some leaf change out here in balmybreezesland. The myrtle &the ornamental fruit trees do gradually morph into foliage of a dull inoffensive red or a dull tasteful gold. It's slower going this year, and all this week it's predicted to be in the low to mid eighties for a high. I haven't replaced my fake sunflowers with my fall garland on my front door yet . ( I'm shaking my head with the wonder of it all.)

Nice here in Philly-land (still can't believe I live in Joisey, but only 15 mins from Philly) -- cool, leaves turning, still early in the beautiful fall. So why are we flying to Houston this afternoon? Oh, yeah -- it's mommy's birthday!

Cheers,

-M

The Red Sox are going to the World Series for the third time since 2004, and I am excited!  Not as excited as I was in 2004, but still excited.  The ALC series featured two game-saving grand slam home runs, allowing the Sox to come from behind to win games 2 and 6.  I know that most of you writer types are not big sports fans, but the Sox have been a part of my life since I was small -- I had to share.

My grandma was from Boston, and she was all for the Sox (and the swan boats in the Boston Common). My dad listened to the games on the radio while he worked around the yard... Mel Allen.... He was from northern CT and not Mass, but those were the games he listened to. maybe I will catch the game this time.

Thanks, Westerly.

Yeah...yeah...whatevah.

I'm from New Yawk...and we think youse guys is bums...and if youse happens to win the world series, den all it means is bums won the series...ya know?

...But I love dat dirty water...

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service