TBD

TBD on Ning

...The Ranch's answer to you -know - what - with no rules.

Go ahead...tell us what you're having for dinner - we can't wait! Got a cute pic of kitty peeking out of a paper bag? Post it! We live for that stuff!

Math addict? How about a refresher on the Pythagorean Theorem?

Like macaroni and cheese? Tell us why!

So even if you're not a writer or a poet (yet), there's still plenty of fun things to do at the Armadillo!

Oh baby, oh baby!

Views: 7171

Replies to This Discussion

I babysat my 4 1/2 year old granddaughter most of the day today. One time she was sneezing and coughing and I asked if she had a cold. She told me,” I think I’m allergic to dust.” (Ouch!)

She’s a mighty busy little person. She kept helping me all day with every task: mixing, stirring, folding, extracting – diving into the dryer via the fragile door to get my dry clothes. “I’ll help you, Grandma.” Mighty sweet.

Glad when naptime rolled around, I’m sorry to say. I like Dora and SpongeBob, but funny how their energy is not my energy.

Aw Jeez...it's 65 freakin' degrees ... I'm gonna get heat prostitution...!

Poor baby!

...(gulp)...thanks Westerly...(sob)...I knew you'd understand...(sniff)

Here's my question. Writers' Digest is holding one of its writing competitions. In the rules & regs is stated: "Any piece posted online, other than a personal blog, is considered published. Does that include what I have shared on here, among about 3 people? Hardly seems fair when personal blogs are ok.

Technically, I think, this is your personal blog.

And that’s because you (and all of us) have administrator rights. All you have to do (at the most) is flip the switch to make all content unavailable to non-members.

However, I can’t imagine that this is the type of site they’re talking about – it would be more like The SUN, Urbis, LuLu, Cowbird, etc, where exposure to your writing would number in the thousands of readers, not in the (less than) tens.

So if you’re going to submit material previously posted on the Ranch, go ahead and rest assured that your secret is safe with me. (probably)

:-)

Also, just to be technically safe, I'd go back and delete posts that contain material you want to submit.

Thanks, guys.

You know that my new job involves driving kids around.  For the most part, I find the kids to be very entertaining, and most of them seem to like me.  However, today a 7-year old girl asked me why I was so old.  I replied that I'd been around a long time.  Then she asked me what the brown spots on my hands were.  I said, "They're age spots, because, as you so kindly pointed out, I'm old."  Later I found out that that is really mild in terms of her insults/ negative interactions with other people, so I guess I should be pleased.

Tell her old is good. Experience counts.

Slam her head into the steering wheel...just once. 

That'll stop that crap.

Believe me...it works!

:-)

Why not point out that she's too new? Green, unripened, sour, etc. That oughta do it --- and you won't wind up in jail.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service