TBD

TBD on Ning

What are you having for Thanksgiving this year? Or do you have roast beef or roast pork loin or something else? .....and, what's for dessert anyway?

Views: 106

Replies to This Discussion

We always have a turkey, but I actually prefer ham. 

Dessert for the last 10 years or so has been Cranberry/Pineapple/Cherry Jellow. Very easy to make!!

2 (0.3 ounce) packagessugar-free cherry flavored Jell-O® mix

• 2 cups boiling water

• 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce

• 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained

• 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions
  1. Combine the gelatin and boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Mix in cranberry sauce and pineapple.
  2. Transfer to  8X 10 glass dish, and stir in pecans.  Chill until set and serve

sounds good - I'm gonna copy this recipe to my daughter (hint,hint).  About time someone started some new traditions.

I think you, and your daughter will like this. It's easy, and pretty tasty. 

Lamb

We will have turkey. When I was married, we would make a ham, too, because my ex wasn't a big fan of turkey. We are going to my #3 granddaughter's house this year. I will help her with the bird....and bake one pumpkin pie and one cherry cheesecake. My daughter is bringing her peach cobbler.

whatever the special is at the diner.

Flipper, see "What's For Dinner" on the Q&A thread.

My son-in-law will fry a turkey. It is delicious. The traditional trimmings too. I might make my famous meatballs in the crock pot. Key ingredient is grape jelly! Sounds weird, but you make them in a crock pot and they are yummy.

I have that recipe...grape jelly and chili sauce? It is so good!

I remember that stuff on the table when I was a kid.

I was never a big fan of most cranberry dishes....but now I make cranberry chutney.....and I love it! And last year I made curried sweet potatoes, just for a change. My senior group is going to have a pot luck dinner for Thanksgiving; I think cranberry chutney will be my donation.

Turkey is my personal favorite I love the left overs better than the real celebration though.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service