Please answer TRUE or FALSE to each

statement, then leave another one

for the next person, and I will begin with ~

You know how to eat

withchopsticks

Views: 8623

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

True, I've never tried that. "Steaming" scones, more or less, doesn't sound right.

You have hooked a rug or a pillow cover.

Haven't done that, no. Knit, purl, crochet, embroider instead

You remember using cloth diapers, (or knew those who did). We used to line dry them, so the sun would bleach them.

Yes. I used them for a short while.

You remember when TV dinners first became available.

Yes. We really did set them on our laps while watching TV

You remember white "oleo" in a transparent bag,with a spot of orange coloring you had to knead into the oleo to make it look yellow. (My aunt did this. My mom laid her money on real butter).

No. Like your mom, my mom only used butter (and lard or Crisco for some baking). I've never used margarine either. 

You believe that real ingredients (even butter, real sugar, etc.) are better for you than the "lowfat," "sugar-free," etc. man-made alternatives.

Yes. And they taste better

For a while, your mom squeezed fresh oranges with a hand held glass sqeezer 

Yup. And so did I. ツ

You prefer 100% real fruit syrup (e.g., raspberry) to maple syrup for pancakes and waffles.

Never tried it. Will have to look.

In childhood your parents dispensed drops of cod liver oil on a spoon for vitamin D

Thank God, no! I had that in the hospital and it was disgusting!!

You had cod liver oil and pray you never have to again! Haha!

Yeah. She used a dropper to plop a drop atop a big spoonful of orange juice, but you could still taste it.

How about Milk of Magnesia? Did you hate that?

YES! 

Old time cough syrup? Hated it or tolerated it?

As a kid, tolerated it. 

Do you recall, in the 70's and 80's how much alcohol some of those syrups had, and codine too? Had an uncle who got into a little trouble with some of those brands.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service