statement, then leave another one

for the next person, and I will begin with ~

You know how to eat

withchopsticks

Views: 8623

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

something like that

You are  fond of spicy seasoning, even in things you don't commonly pair with spice.

I'm very fond of spicy seasoning, but I generally like it in things one would expect to be spicy.

You're not crazy about those extruded butter cookies sprinkled with colored sugar which some people make at Christmas (the ones shaped like wreaths or candy canes, etc.).

I actually like those, the sprinkles, too. The kid in me

You have never really restricted your sugar intake too much

Nope. I've tried to restrict it most of my life. Mostly I was successful, but sometimes TOTALLY not.  ツ

You are not a lover of artificial sweeteners.

True

You're so looking forward to pumpkin and apple pies

Yup. But my favorite autumn pie is mincemeat with lots of added cranberries and apples and a thin baked-on sour cream topping (my mom's recipe). YUM!

You have baked or eaten a "French" apple pie with added nuts and raisins inside and a vanilla glaze on top.

That does sound wonderful. Yes, on the French

You can't figure why the English call plum pudding, plum pudding

(If you're interested in a quick recipe for the mincemeat pie, I'll post it tomorrow night.)

Haha! Having an English mom I guess I've always known why. You probably know, but raisins (and also other dried fruits) were called plums in England in the 17th century (bastardization of the Latin). And to the English, "puddings" are either dishes steamed or boiled in cloth or, simply, the final sweet course of a meal. American "pudding" equates to British "custard."

You like British steamed "puddings" and American fruitcake, even though most Americans dislike them.

(Aha! on the explanation for plum pudding)

No, thank you. Mincemeat is not my fave.)

I don't much care for either of those, although, Vermont Country Store has a natural-tasting, fresh fruitcake the offer, with walnuts and molasses, which is pretty good.

You've noticed the robins seem to have left.

Yep. Sad.

You notice a sharp decrease in Cardinals (of the bird variety ;>} ). Feels like Rachel Carson's silent spring is coming. 

We don't  get a lot of cardinals around here. Blue jays and mockingbirds

You have bought a big pumpkin and changed the hangings on your door..

Nope. I can't get out and don't really decorate anymore. I miss it, but that's life.

You love decorating for fall.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service