Please answer TRUE or FALSE to each

statement, then leave another one

for the next person, and I will begin with ~

You know how to eat

withchopsticks

Views: 8623

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish! I'm usually good at comprehension and imitating accents, but I get nervous and flummoxed in conversation.

You always wanted to have a working knowledge of the language of any country you visited.

That is true. 

You always wanted more knowledge of the food and drink of any place you have visited

I guess I know a bunch about that. I've been eating and cooking exotic cuisines all my life. And reading up on food and culture is easier than learning a language. ツ

You like cuisines which are eaten with your hands (Ethiopian, for example). 

Yes, love it.

Sometimes you forget and have to remind yourself which side the fork goes on. :^ )

Having had a well-bred English mother, I'm afraid I'll remember that even after I've forgotten my own name. ツ

You love picnics (when it's not too hot and buggy).

Yes, I do indeed

You know what the "4 o'clock position " is, as in fine dining.  (I had to look it up)

I do.  My family used the "Continental" version in which the tines of the fork face down.

Generally, your supper was served around 6pm. (We ate late like many Europeans.)

(I'm impressed!)

Yes, 6, or even 5 at times. We called it dinner, except on the weekends when dinner was at noon and supper at 5.

They often served watercress or cucumber sandwiches, especially in summer,  outside

Watercress and cucumber sandwiches were common fare for high tea, and my mom sometimes made them for the lunches she gave or just for the two of us to enjoy. I still eat cucumber sandwiches when I can get cucumbers. ツ (Can't ever seem to find watercress.)

Your mom sometimes made finger sandwiches for the two of you, just for fun and a "girly" thing to do.

Nope, she really wasn't too girly that way. But she was a great baker for the holidays for the lot of us. 

One of your brothers or cousins played team basketball at school.

Not either of my brothers. They were in track and field sports. Don't know about my cousins.

You were in your high school chorus or madrigals.

Not I. Can't carry a tune. 

You play at least one instrument

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service