TBD

TBD on Ning

Welcome to the Gathering Place, come in sit a while, refresh

yourself with our brewed coffee, tea, hot coco and a dew or two.

We have fresh baked goodies to nibble on just in case you might be

a tad hungry, too.......Your money isn't any good here, but your

friendship is valued, so come on in and enjoy yourself...if no one is here

please just leave a note to let us know you came by to visit....:)

Ladyg-Owner

Mary- Manager

Lynn- Bartender

Tags: Fellowship, Food, Friends, Fun, Humor, Music

Views: 134

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

have a sweet sunday cause ya deserve it - ice cream
sunday is gonna' be good! warm enough to open the windows, at least, that hasn't happened in over a week!
happy monday

off to do some major shopping, then more chores oh what a way to spend...my day off!!! LOL
Jeepers, seems I'm the only one to have made it in today....
Hope you guys are all ok....
Just fine my dear Mary, just late and busy today...........How U'll doin?

It's been raining all day and I've been sleeping all day!!! lol
and i actually never made it on Monday, but i sure hope you guys had a great day, and i'm wishing you a marvelous Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!
Well we had a small tornado here around 3 or 4 Monday morning. It hit around the corner from me, jumped over our complex and hit the festival center on the other side of the street down from us. It was a very interesting Monday. It hit so fast they didn't have a chance to warn anyone. Thank God no one was hurt.

Mobile Co. storm confirmed as tornado

Updated: Monday, 25 Oct 2010, 10:31 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 25 Oct 2010, 9:40 PM CDT

* Cary Chow
* Photojournalist: Riccardo Montgomery

MOBILE, Alabama (WALA) - If you've lived on the Gulf Coast long enough, you know the weather can turn in an instant and that's exactly what happened over the last 24 hours. The National Weather Service has confirmed an EF1 tornado touched down Monday morning around Azalea Road and Michael Boulevard.

THE NEIGHBORHOOD ON MICHAEL AVENUE

"It wasn't a high-pitched sound like a freight train coming, it was like a thunder," explained George Roberts.

Through the night, trees snapped like twigs, fences were floored, and roof shingles splattered across streets. While the tornado may not have sounded like a train, it certainly hit the neighborhood like one.

"Debris everywhere, branches down, trees down in the backyard," said resident Thomas Martin. "One of the trees fell on my fence in back."

"The whole house was shaking. Water was pouring through the ceiling. It was pouring on us. It was like a waterfall in there," added Roberts.

NWS estimates the tornado lasted from 5:17 to 5:21am, all of four minutes. The aftermath, however, has no timetable.

"What can you do?" questioned Roberts. "Wait for the insurance company to show and tell you what they're going to do."

Roberts' home suffered roof damage, while four other homes had minor gutter and fascia damage. Officials say the width of the path of the tornado in the area was around 100 yards. The wind was estimated around 65 mph.
indulge yourself this taste me tuesday
Oh my stars and bars!!!!! Thank God, you and family are
ok..and safe.........Y'all are so very Blessed, Ladyg!!!

When I lived in OKC...I was around Tornado's...but was
truly Blessed...as they by passed my small apt.....so I
know how interesting it can be. It's not something I would
ever wish for anyone else to experince........
It's ok Lynn....just know you were missed...:)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service