TBD

TBD on Ning

Since the demise of my local video store...which one could actually walk in and browse the shelves..look over some new releases and check out some oldies,  I have now been reduced to the services of Netflix (streaming ain't me) and the oddly placed "Redbox" and the equally oddly placed "Bluebox"!

So, for the price of $1.00 plus tax, I get to choose from the sorely limited selection located in the "box".

So, dear viewers, let's extend  a helping hand  to those of us who are willing to swipe that miracle card that allows us to view what's new.

On a scale of 1 to 10...rate what you've rented from the box.  10 being worth a whole dollar!

Tags: do it again, waste of $, worth every penny

Views: 344

Replies to This Discussion

You miss your undies!!!!

No....never mind, I read that too fast...

My bad.

Yes....you bad....:-)

To better contribute to this thread in a relevant way, I have started re-watching Marx Brothers movies.  The first night I watched "Cocoanuts".  I dozed off a bit in the middle of it.

I give it a 10. 

We do appreciate your sound opinion on most topics.

New year...new reviews:

One Day w/Anne Hathaway:  pat chick flick...little choppy, good cinematography.  

Give it a 6+.

We haven't rented movies for a long time, but checked out Hot Fuzz and The Great Dictator from the library.  Our VCR bit the dust a while ago, so we are debating what to do with our VHS.  I have lots of Marx Bros VHS, so now gotta get them on DVD.  And I will get them on DVD. It sounds like the James Bond on VHS is going away.  This was a surprise...

Haven't rented anything lately. Went to a theater(yes they do still exist) and saw "The Decendents". Good movie. Haven't ever seen Cloony in a bad movie. Not an uplifting movie, but well done. Glad I didn't have any daughters.

i went to the theatre too  and saw "A Dangerous Method"  with Michael Fassbender as Carl Jung and Viggo Mortensen as Sigmund Freud. Good movie!

We saw Buck: The Film last night.  No plot, no flavor of the month actors, one cuss word...."shit".....the horses were unclothed, but no body else was. Nothing blew up....no special effects, no 3-D, but.......one of the best films I've ever seen. I give it a High-End "TEN."

While in VA for Christmas, I bought "Justified" the complete first season. Watched the first couple episodes last night. Pretty violent. Not for the overly senstive. It is based on a Elmore Lenard story. Stars Timithy Oliphent. He was the lawman in "Deadwood". Bet the people in Kentucky don't like it. I'm withholding judgement. Most of Lenards books and stories have a lot of sardonic humor. Didn't pick up on much of that yet. But, it does hew to the "these people are too stupid to exist" theme that is how Lenard usually portrays his bad guys and gals.  

I've been watching Justified since the beginning. I think it's pretty good. Maybe it's because I know people who are too stupid to exist.

I really like Elmore Lenard's stuff. Loved "Get Shorty" both the book and the movie.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service