TBD

TBD on Ning

I am starting a new thread here mainly for purposes of my own catharsis. It is my intention, at least at this point, to make regular contributions. Of course, if anyone else has anything to add, they are more than welcome. If you have any input, please contribute.

Over a year ago I decided to deal head-on with my self-diagnosed adult attention disorder, (ADD). The inability to stay focused was becoming too stressful. I found myself sitting around watching the clock tick, yet I couldn’t keep “on task” with any project I started. Nothing was getting done and just starting something was becoming depressing.

The smart thing to do was probably to get professional help, so instead I decided to try to heal myself, at least as a first try. Cognitive therapy and pharmaceuticals (UGH) might be the approved way to go but I decided to try meditation first.

18 months and countless self-help books later, I still can’t bring myself to a regular, formal meditation program. But, along the way, I discovered informal mindfulness. Yes, I know it is the “Fad” right now. It is hard to navigate modern social trends without “tripping over” somebody extolling the benefits of mindfulness.

Let me add my voice to the chorus.

Views: 6105

Replies to This Discussion

"“When you forgive, you in no way change the past - but you sure do change the future.” -- BERNARD MELTZER

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
~ Henry David Thoreau

“Imagine if we measured success by the amount of safety people felt in our presence.” ~Jonathan Louis Dent

"The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If you want the future to be different, you have is to inhabit the present moment fully, both mindfully and heartfully."

~ Mondful Online

"As the old adage goes: ‘what you resist, persists’. Maybe you can let something be today instead?" ~ The Mindfulness Project

"Certainty disguised as faith, it turns out, can take people to some bizarre places." ~ Jon Ward

"The heart can never be totally right if the head is totally wrong."
~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"Remember, what is most longed for, ...wisdom, love, creative self-expression, and so on—comes to us on the winds of receptivity rather than effort."
~ Susan Piver

“The only tyrant I accept in this world is the 'still small voice' within me.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

"At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.” ~Heather Hepler

"Some stranger somewhere still remembers you because you were kind to them when no one else was." ~ Tiny Buddha

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service