TBD

TBD on Ning

I am starting a new thread here mainly for purposes of my own catharsis. It is my intention, at least at this point, to make regular contributions. Of course, if anyone else has anything to add, they are more than welcome. If you have any input, please contribute.

Over a year ago I decided to deal head-on with my self-diagnosed adult attention disorder, (ADD). The inability to stay focused was becoming too stressful. I found myself sitting around watching the clock tick, yet I couldn’t keep “on task” with any project I started. Nothing was getting done and just starting something was becoming depressing.

The smart thing to do was probably to get professional help, so instead I decided to try to heal myself, at least as a first try. Cognitive therapy and pharmaceuticals (UGH) might be the approved way to go but I decided to try meditation first.

18 months and countless self-help books later, I still can’t bring myself to a regular, formal meditation program. But, along the way, I discovered informal mindfulness. Yes, I know it is the “Fad” right now. It is hard to navigate modern social trends without “tripping over” somebody extolling the benefits of mindfulness.

Let me add my voice to the chorus.

Views: 6105

Replies to This Discussion

"...but a great number of Chinese words do duty for both nouns and verbs – so that one who thinks in Chinese has little difficulty in seeing that objects are also events, that our world is a collection of processes rather than entities."
~ Alan Watts

"Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is." -- ECKHART TOLLE

"Between the stimulus and the response there is a space and in that space lies our power and freedom." -- VICTOR E. FRANKL

"Breathe deep. Be present. Every day is a series of a million tiny miracles. Do your best to feel them."

~ Marc and  Angel Chernoff

"Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.” -- GROUCHO MARX

"Anger clouds the judgment: you can no longer learn from past mistakes. Lost is the power to choose between what is wise and what is unwise, and your life is utter waste."
~ the Bhagavad Gita 2:63-64

"Just focus on goodness and sincerity today. Be the change you want to see."

~ Marc and Angel Chernoff

To eat is to survive to be hungry.
~ Alan Watts

“If it’s out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind too.” – Ivan Nuru

"There is great freedom in leaving others to their opinions. And there is a huge weight lifted when you take nothing personally."

~ Marc and Angel Chernoff

"But there is great freedom in releasing ourselves from the stories that cloud our perceptions and starting to feel okay with not always understanding the situation we’re in."
~ Noah Rasheta

"Look for the gift at the heart of the pain." ~ anon.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service