TBD

TBD on Ning

Its' May Day!!!  What's on your plate for this month?  Am starting the month with David Baldacci's THE HIT.  Plenty of action in this one!

http://www.amazon.com/Hit-David-Baldacci/dp/1455521213/ref=sr_1_1?s...

Views: 390

Replies to This Discussion

mcladybug, what did you think of SIX YEARS?  I found the first 2/3 boring and not up to Coben's usual.  Hope you'll enjoy ORDINARY GRACE as much as I did!!!!

Just finished The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.  It was a quick read and one I will remember for a long time.  Very unusual...

I'm starting The Tinderbox by Jo Bannister (an English mystery). Has anyone read this?

When I read it, I kept thinking the author was a real bastard for subjecting his character to the terrifying experience of going through the London subway.

A Thousand Splendid Sun is a book I won't soon forget.  I liked the small poem with the title.

Good book: Lost in Shangri-la

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWIMzN4mk8U

May 9th is my last day of Bible College and I graduate on June 2nd.  So this month I just may get to read somethings other than books for class.  The only thing is I am determined to re-read all the books from the past 2 years at college.  Either way I will be reading I am just not sure what it will be yet.   I am looking forward to enjoying some time here again and maybe getting some ideas for good books to read.  

Congratualations, Grammie Sue, on pursuing your dream and accomplishing your goal!!!  Well done!!!

Grammie Sue, I can only ditton what Rapa said to you.  Well done!  So happy for you. 

I started reading this year's Pulitzer Prize winning novel, The Orphan Master's Son, but gave up after several tries and gave up after 30 pages.  This book is so depressing; it is set in North Korea and life is so hard there.  I'm not sure how the author managed to do his research. Although he does give credit to the many people who helped him, I'm not clear why he was allowed access to this country.  I thought the book would give me some insight into a different culture, but I just couldn't handle it.  Has anyone else read it?

I'm moving on to Jodi Picoult's Lone Wolf; somehow I missed reading it last year.

I am sure life is hard in North Korea, as in other countries with war, dictatorships etc.  The most depressing thing about these stories is that they have a lot of truth in them. 

I enjoy Jodie  Picoult reads.  She gives you any sides of a story to think about.

A granddaughter is currently studying Korean prior to heading to S. Korea on an 18 month mission. Needless to say, she's much in my thoughts/prayers! 

Absolutely agree.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service