TBD

TBD on Ning

"RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT"....and may you have a fine May!

As -David Assael- Said "Well spring sprang. We've had our state of grace and one little gift of sanctioned madness, courtesy of Mother Nature. I guess it's time to get back to that daily routine of living we like to call normal."

Must confess to a happening last week. Having read an easy reading best seller novel by Susan Mallery A MILLION a LITTLE THINGS, I reserved another book by her from library SUMMER NIGHTS. Picked it up on way to gym where I started reading it while on my machine. A friend walked by and I commented that this book is starting to read like a Harlequin. As it was getting juicier and juicier I checked the publisher and Yep, it was a Harlequin! Have no doubt that once you've read one you've read them all, although the story line wasn't bad.

Reflected on -P.J. O'Rourke's- comment "Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it!". As I'll be 82 in Nov. am sure that was my first and last Harlequin!

Views: 138

Replies to This Discussion

I just put down (I can't say 'finished' because I skipped about the last 200 pages) The Lost Order by Steve Berry. It was much too long, 500 pages, for what it was all about. What it was all about was the search for some Confederate treasure that was squirreled away after the Civil War by some outfit called the Knights of the Golden Circle. Lots of mysterious clues, signs and stuff, that never attracted my interest. so I pooped out after 300 pages. I had even skimmed over many of those pages.

Now I am about to begin John Grisham's The Whistler. I haven't read Grisham for years, but enjoyed some of his early novels.

LORAUCH...I tried to get through Berry's THE COLUMBUS AFFAIR on AUDIO!! Gave up after 3 discs. Critiques rave about this author. Guess he is an acquired taste?
RAPA...I just started BEFORE WE FELL Thursday night. The jury is out. Finished MARATHON by Brian Freeman on audio read by Joe Barrett (who I love). Really good mystery that takes place in Duluth MN...a few low life players doing dumb stuff but lots of interesting details about FBI tracking a bombing. Wish it wasn't so topical. I try to escape as much political and actions that keep us on high alert.

Maybe I should switch to Romantic comedies?
Carolyn, SINCE WE FELL got better and better! Whirl of an ending! As I don't do audio can't relate to that presentation of the story,

For some strange reason I always feel so much better knowing there are others who start books and then get discouraged.  I thought it was just me and I was too hard to please.  With a kindle I have a multitude of books half read, waiting to be read.........and most times I cannot believe the blurb that lead me to buy them.  I think the reviewers were reading another book!  I always, after much searching, find that special book that can keep you spell bound and invites you into another time and place.

Lyn

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service