TBD

TBD on Ning

Spring in in the air, and what better way to brush off the cobwebs from winter than to check out a new season of books.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/popular_by_date/2016/May

I'm starting the month with a new Tami Hoag titled THE BITTER SEASON.

Also picked up an intriguing little book, THE TRUTH ABOUT DEATH by Robert Hellanga. It's a collection of cleverly addressed stories touched with warmth, humor and deep feeling, accepting the fact that death and grief are part of the natural order of things.

What are you reading??

Views: 482

Replies to This Discussion

So sorry to hear about Bob's diagnosis.  I walked this journey with my husband 10 years.  As a nurse, you know so much more than I did, but you learn as you go.  I want to share a website with you that provides lots of support, including counselors to talk to when you did them and this is at no charge.  It's https://www.pancan.org/, otherwise known as the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.

I remember praying every morning for the strength and grace to get through each day and so now, if you don't mind, I will pray the same prayer for you.

Thank you!!!!!!! Can't imagine ten years! We are looking at 3-6 months.

Sorry I left out a word.  Jim died 10 years ago, but our journey lasted over 14 months.  Doctors don't know everything, so just take each day as it is given to you.  I'm sending you a big hug over the Internet to remind you that you are loved and you are not alone.

Sorry to hear about your husband Rapa. We took care of my parents for a number of years, my father had Alzheimer's, until Trish was diagnosed with cervical caner that had spread to the lymph nodes (very,very rare I was told and always fatal) and I had to place my parents in a nursing  home. Trish went through some very aggressive chemotherapy and radiation treatment and beat all the odds (Trish is the most positive person I've ever known) and that was 20 years ago. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. there is a quite inner strength that I think exists in all of us. ...I read this passage just the other day....."Without tears there could be no rainbows in the soul'.  

My sympathies to you Rapa. It's going to happen to all of us some day but it doesn't feel great when it's happening to someone we love. I have been going through some of that in my own life. 

Oh Rapa this is distressing news.

Take it one day at a time and feel free to use this group for emotional support when you need it, you know we love you and wish you the best

We will keep an extra prayer for you

To rapa:

I give you this one thought to keep -

I am with you still -

I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the sweet uplifting rush,
of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not think of me as gone -

I am with you still in each new dawn.
Author: Native American Prayer

I have found some of my greatest comfort in Native American poems and prayers.

Thanks, Loruach. That is beautiful! Thanks goodness for memories.

Oh Rapa so sorry to learn about your husband - I wish you the best and hope for an easy journey.  I have been caretaker for my husband for 6 years and though times get difficult - I keep holding on and hoping he will get better - knowing that he will not.  I do not look forward to the day that I lose him either.  Prayers and good thoughts for both of you.

Thanks, Flowergram! It seems like we could have our own support group here as we travel/traveled the journey. One day at a time is our mantra!
RAPA...hopefully there will be some protocols that will ease his discomfort and some support folks who can hold your hand as well.

The truth is that even though we are called "cyber-pals" or "pretend- friends." I think after all this time from the EONS bridge to TBD we have crossed the distance of miles and other boundaries. Our connections run just as deep as our face to face neighbor's and friends.

Yes, we want you to share your concerns, actions, ideas and inspiration. Some of us may need your dialog as we handle the challenges of aging...for our partners and ourselves. Thank you, as always, to be open and concerned about our lives as well.

Loruach...lovely poem...lump in throat.~Carolyn

rapa, so sorry to hear of your husband's illness... I haven't posted in awhile and will catch up soon... but wanted to send my regards and prayers for you in the upcoming days, weeks, months...

We lost our little Boo last month so have had some grieving of our own... nothing compared to what you are experiencing but still hard when the little furbaby becomes your child for 13+ years...

Have read a couple of books to recommend but will come back later to do that... Hang in there my friend... and know that we are here for you... 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service