TBD

TBD on Ning

Happy May Day! Did you remember to "RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT"?

Early this morning I finished what might be called chick lit but was a very enjoyable read. It's THE OPPOSITE OF MAYBE, a new novel by Maddie Dawson. The back of book describes it as "Funny, painful, heartbreaking and real; a lyrical, realistic portrayal of a modern-day relationship. A heartfelt and exceptionally human novel about the best mistakes a person can make."
Would give you the AMAZON URL but my new laptop just arrived and I can't yet do diddly on it. I miss my WIN XP!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY READING!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 344

Replies to This Discussion

I loved Where the River Ends- have read a few of his other books too.

Last night picked up the new John Sanford. Think the name is FIELD OF PREY. Also in for me is new release THE SNOW QUEEN. Haven't had any reading time this week as found hubby on floor early Mon. and had to ambo him to hospital where he was admitted. Is still in isolation. Has C-Diff from previous diverticulitis treatment and has been diagnosed with Parkinson's. Will be transferred to rehab hospital, probably tomorrow for PT/OT. Taking one day at a time. Am thankful for my iPad!!!

My sympathies to your hubby with the C-Diff.  I spent two summers ago in complete misery battling the infection, which took two 45 day tapered drug treatments to get under control.  The only positive is that I lost about 20 lbs, which I didn't try to lose.  I got mine during an operation to remove my gall bladder.  Anytime they fill you with antibiotics, the chance of the infection is there.  These surgical centers that send you home two hours after the operation tend to do that. 

Best wishes to you and for hubby

iPad is a good companion in these trying times

Make sure you load up on soothing music

Hope your husband is doing better with the C-diff and my advice for you on the Parkinson"s is to read all you can and to find a good support group.  You will need it in the days to come.  My hubby was diagnosed around 2002 or '03 and did well until 3 plus years ago.  I wish the best of luck to you both.  Have a close friend whose sister was hospitalized twice after surgery for C-diff.  Nasty problem.

C-Diff appears to be resolving. Will send in one more culture tomorrow. White count now within normal limits. He's all set up for out patient Parkinson's therapy and the Parkinson's support group. BTW, he's 84 and has been physically active which is helpful. We know the journey will be difficult and will take one day at a time. Thanks for your concern.

My sympathies about your hubby's c-diff also, rapa; I had it too some years ago & also spent some time in isolation at the hospital.  hang in there, I'm glad you have your ipad; I have an android tablet & found it very helpful while nursing my mom in her final days.

Rapa, thinking positive thoughts for your hubby.  Take care of yourself also.

Thanks to all for your concern and good wishes. Hubby is going to be transferred today after 4:00 to a rehab hospital close to home. He'll be happy to say "Good bye" to the IV, telemetry and catheter!!!

Thanks, rapa, keep us posted on how he's doing when you get a chance.

On Barnes and Noble now in addition to the free fri book and app they are going to start having a free video too. This weeks was The VEEP HBO 1st season. Hope they get some good ones.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook-blog/category/free-fridays/

when I was in the hospital with the c-diff, one of the nurses told me to eat a lot of yogurt every day, the rest of my life, I guess becuz of the good cultures and all it has; seems like it's kept the c-diff from coming back so far (knock on wood).

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service