TBD

TBD on Ning

You've all heard the saying, "They don't make 'em like they used to". What, in your opinion fits that description these days?

Views: 94

Replies to This Discussion

cars

CARS! I liked Carburetors!

yea,carburetors,injection sucks..well,actually the carburetor sucks,but not in that way,oh dammit,where was I? ya see?electronic fuel injection confuses me.

Any appliance. They used to last for lifetimes now people keep them about 5 to 10 years.

Slide rules.......Come to think of it, they don't even make them anymore.

Computer Software.  They keep change'n them just to keep cash flow flow'n -- in their direction. 

Refrigerators. I traded a bag of home grown for a used fridge over twenty years ago. It is in a place that we rent out and it still works fine. My daughter had one that was 2 or maybe 3 years old and I had to replace a part of the auto defrost system. (burned out heater coil) We bought one about 5 years ago. I had to replace parts on it right after the one year warranty was up.

musta been good homie.

better than the average bear   

Anything with moving parts - so much seems to be made of plastic these days (and seems to break because of this!)

Coffee makers, or maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to find one that lasts like the old ones used to...

I solved that problem.  Distilled water.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service