TBD

TBD on Ning

"And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days." said James Russell Lowell.

My response is "A sunny day in Texas!"......and thank goodness on this June 1 it will be!

I've started reading Jeffery Deaver's new release SOLITUDE CREEK. What are you reading?

Views: 639

Replies to This Discussion

ONE MORE THING...

I normally don't choose female Authors. I know, I know...this sounds sexist or something but they usually go on and on about fashion, self care, other mindless musings (to me).

Sandra Brown is an exception...she writes like a Guy at times (and I'm not a fan of all her books) The Goldfinch author also was untypical in her dialog and writing. This Kate Atkinson is something that Action Man (DH) would enjoy as well-love her male perspective!

Feel free to kick me off the Group! Lol
Apparently I'm in your camp, Carolyn, as I usually read male authors but not exclusively. Sandra Brown is a local gal and used to live in our neighborhood before her celebrity and have read all her books. Other female authors I've enjoyed in addition to Atkinson are Isabel Allende, Kate Morton, Ann Patchett, Amy Tan, Louise Penny, Jodi Picoult, the late Maeve Binchey, Louise Erdrich, Sara Gruen, Lisa See, Alice Hoffman and Sue Grafton, to name a few. Guess I'm just a bookie! Of course if the author doesn't grab me in the first 50 pages I'm outta there!!!!!!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service