TBD

TBD on Ning

Thanks to Carolyn Tewell for reminding us it's time to share our reads for July. 

Tonight, July 1, I'm finishing Lisa Genova's LOVE ANTHONY.  Tomorrow am picking up at library the book recently recommended by several of you, THE PROFESSIONALS by Owen Laukkanen. 

What's on your plate for this month? 

Views: 530

Replies to This Discussion

read the book and loved it... maybe this is the audio to get... if I fall asleep during the ride up north it won't matter since I've already read the book...  lol

Carci! Cracking me up! The reader is excellent, too.

I just read Suspect too and also loved it.  Think I'll get some more of his books to read

I just read "Big Brother" - what a twist on the ending!  Also "Suspect", "A Fort of Nine Towers" (great true story about Afghanistan and the Taliban) and just today picked up "Sweet Salt Air", "The 12th of Never", and "The Why of Things" - all look good.  I have several more new ones on reserve that I am waiting for and also the Nook and Kindle downloads...reading is really an addiction for me!

I'm plodding through And The Mountains Echoed...  Don't know why it's taking me so long to get into this book... I loved his first 2 but each chapter feels like work.  I suspect it will come together at some point but I'm over 1/2 way through and so far...  no go...

Like you, carci, I didn't breeze through this book as I did Hosseni's first two books

Finished it... sad book... while it painted a vivid picture of life in Afganistan over a 50 year period, I don't know that I would read it again.  Every chapter is told by a different character... very confusing until you begin to realize where he is going with the story.

I will be starting The Ocean At The End Of The Lane next...

Please let us know what you think of it, Carci.  I read it recently and found it rather odd but I couldn't put it down either.

I tried reading the book, which I had borrowed from the library on a one week express basis, and ended up bringing it back after struggling to keep my attention focused for a hundred pages or so.  It is not the caliber of the the first two Hosseni wrote.  I'll probably read it someday or wait for the movie -- if they ever make one. 

I'm with you - it's on my "read it sometime" list

Just picked up THE ASTRONAUT WIVES CLUB by Lily Koppel.  This is non-fiction allowing us to meet the women behind the "men on the moon."

Am #4 on reserve for THE NEVER LIST.

Just finished Zoobiquity and want to thank the person who recommended it.  I told my granddaughter she needs to read it this summer and she looked it up and has it ordered - she wanted her own copy.  I am reading Bury your Dead by Louise Penny and also Echo Park by Michael Connelly.  The summer is sizzling on by.  Hope to have Owen Laukkanen from the library next week.  Thanks to all for the great reading.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service