TBD

TBD on Ning

it looks like we're winding down, and nobody bothered to open a discussion today, so i thought i'd just set up a thread for this month, and let whoever wanders in, whenever, post to it.  if our moderator wants to do something differently, you'll doubtless hear about it.

after realizing that i didn't need to move to MI, i'm going to Staunton, VA, the last week of this month, and thinking to plant myself there for the rest of my life.  no other roots yet, other than that's the home of the state's premier mental institution, altho' i've never (yet) been there.

the remnants of Independence Day week must be going slowly, since nobody's been here.  

yeah, i don't want to sign off tbd completely, but i realize that facecrack is taking over and all the follow-ons to TBD are slowly fading into oblivion.  still, i'm grateful for the people that Robyn's creation let me connect with, and i am glad to have that facecrack thingee so i don't lose track of my online friends completely.  

if nobody else starts in August, we can just sign off.  i'll be on the road that month.

Views: 57

Replies to This Discussion

Good Sunday morning to all who stop in.  What's in store for me today.... more porch work, a sports car race and an Indy car race to watch, and a little apartment complex design work squeezed in where I can.  I am loving the consecutive summer days.  Have a good time at whatever you are doing today.

Morning all....

Work is on the schedule for today....then I would love to hide from the heat and try and finish the necklace that I have torn apart 3 times. 

I need to stop watching all the DIY shows on tv..gives me too many ideas. 

RRC, I'm so full of inspiration from DIY shows that I may explode! What's the most tempting idea for you?! What materials are you using to make the necklace? I used to supplement my inventory with some of my own stuff when there was spare time, ha!

And Richard, this isn't even my remodel; just helping get a house finished so it can go on the market. Can't exactly give it a flashy name like "curb appeal" or "spiced up to sell;" it just needs to be finished! 

good Sunday to all!  glad to see folks are still stopping in, even if we're not hanging out here all day!

RRC, i am glad for you that your business has taken off so well, even as i know it's exhausting to work for yourself!  and you're finding time to make jewelery too?  wow!

Richard, you're one of the most steadfast people here, thanks for hanging in!

realteal, working for money is satisfying in different ways, but it's still a good feeling to look at something substantial, that you've accomplished, isn't it!  do you hear the wheels turning in rhb's head, when you wrote "remodel" -- he just can't help himself, his big project has slacked off apparently....

Robbie, those 8 hour workdays are rough; hope you won't have too many more of 'em.

I'm on my lunch break. Just spent 4 hours in the sun with a weedwhacker. Sure glad I don't have to do 40 to 60 hr weeks doing this. Actually I don't have to do it at all. But, I did make a 6 month commitment in order to try being a workkamper. Someone once said, "Once you start, you will remember why you retired". They were right.

Lynn, I think I did see some wheels turning in Richard's cyber head. He perked right up at "remodel;" makes him divert from all the other projects in his head and on paper no doubt! Right Richard? haha I know your kind. I have the same project/idea syndrome.

Robbie, here's to surviving in workkampsmanship! Gee, that's almost farka volkswagen talk. Have a cool evening anyway.

RT you are so right!  The wheels are working overtime today.  Welllllllllll practically everyday in some form or another.  I think I have seen every DIY show and the re-runs a couple times.  I have learned a lot from them.  What I haven't learned is to let someone else do it.  LOL

the two days i ever spent in Memphis were 106º days -- Riverwalk was not a good place to be in that kind of heat, but it was then or never, and it's too special to have missed.  brutal temps!  

hope you can stay cool-ish, Marty!

Hi all, better late than never....a first...went to my ex's and his wifes for my twins bday party....It was very nice to be included...Richard...will let you know when I get to Oregon what my plans are...my friend Star called and said that the iron infusions are working so well that she feels she can go to the beach...so...just one day at a time...now I wish I were flying and renting a car...but never know what will happen next...

I hope everyone is having a day filled with love and laughter

Lynn, are you moving???

Marty, I remember those days in KC...and the humidity..OMG..

Robbie, don't work TOO hard

and RRC....are you getting excited...wish I could go

and rt is really good seeing you here

yes, Thalia, i'm moving in about 2 weeks, over to the mountains.  finally have a solid contract on my sister's house, despite the mold and a few lesser wrongs; the price is dreadfully low, but it's time to just sell it and close out the estate.  besides, i am dreadfully tired of being homeless, i want to be somewhere that i can call my own, at least.

and shortly after i move, am driving to the west coast and back, for a conference in Seattle, and so i can say i've been to ND/SD/MT/ID!  will stop in Portland for a couple days to visit our Richard and his lady, and maybe see YuLong since she's moved back there.  will also visit a "real life" girlfriend in MN on the way west, and some other friends in Iowa, on the way back.  have to be back in time for settlement on 8/31.

Evening...it is trying to brew up a thunderstorm outside...I sure hope it gets here and cools us off a bit. 

Lynn and RT...I am no expert at jewelry making. I only do it for my own personal stuff, I do buy old stuff and re-purpose it. The one I am working on now is some Czech glass beads that my cousins brought back from the Czech Republic. I won the bracelet at the family reunion but it is too big so I am making it into a necklace...if I ever finish it. LOL

The DIY shows are my downfall too, I always see some new idea, right now I am trying to get ideas on finishing the bathroom in the vacation rental in SD. Hubby is heading up there next week so we need to get some ideas together or he will use his own and that is a disaster. LOL

ROFL  Yes you better decide fast RRC.  LOL

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service