TBD

TBD on Ning

it looks like we're winding down, and nobody bothered to open a discussion today, so i thought i'd just set up a thread for this month, and let whoever wanders in, whenever, post to it.  if our moderator wants to do something differently, you'll doubtless hear about it.

after realizing that i didn't need to move to MI, i'm going to Staunton, VA, the last week of this month, and thinking to plant myself there for the rest of my life.  no other roots yet, other than that's the home of the state's premier mental institution, altho' i've never (yet) been there.

the remnants of Independence Day week must be going slowly, since nobody's been here.  

yeah, i don't want to sign off tbd completely, but i realize that facecrack is taking over and all the follow-ons to TBD are slowly fading into oblivion.  still, i'm grateful for the people that Robyn's creation let me connect with, and i am glad to have that facecrack thingee so i don't lose track of my online friends completely.  

if nobody else starts in August, we can just sign off.  i'll be on the road that month.

Views: 57

Replies to This Discussion

hello, all!  not sure what happened to my day, but i'm winding down now, so stopped here to say good night.

good to see that you survived mowing in the heat, today, Robbie. i was a mite worried when i read that!

i've got the truck loaded up, heading to Staunton in the morning to pick up the key to my new apartment, and offload some of the lightweight "stuff."  

Lynn take it easy if it is hot tomorrow.  Drive carefully too.
i did. paced myself between indoor cool and outdoor unloading, and drank a LOT of water.  i'm sure glad i didn't plan to do this 'myself' like i did moving down to my sister's.
Guess I missed something somewhere. What caused you to decide on Staunton as a home base?

i haven't put much in here, Robbie.  i've been staying in my sister's house, waiting for it to sell, and i'd moved my daughter and grandkids into my condo.  she's been unemployed for 'way too long, and while i'm paying a fortune on the condo (due to maxing out HELOC to educate 2 kids), continuing to pay rent for her 3 BR apt wasn't a viable option.  staying in my sister's house was essentially free, so has saved me about $10K overall.  finally have a contract on it (i'm executrix), and i am beyond tired of being homeless.

to answer your question, lower cost of living and so forth.  Staunton has 3 good indoor pools and a lovely view of the Shenandoah Valley.  Roanoke (where i grew up) is too close to the ex (who's moved back to Bedford), and i'm sun-sensitive, thanks to blood pressure meds, so the beach was "out."  

Thanks for the explanation Lynn. I didn't mean to be nosey but, I have been to Roanoak and Staunton and didn't see anything that would cause me to choose Staunton over Roanoak. I now understand.  BTW one of my good High School friends, Elvin Johnson, lived in Staunton for years.

He has now been dead for years. I was joking yesterday, "when I want to see most of my friends, I go visit various graveyards".

This is the coldest Oregon summer in 17 years.  No wonder it is so hot in the midwest and east coast areas.

Soak up all the cool air you can Richard...the rest of the country is melting in the heat. 

It's Friday and I still haven't heard if my ring is repaired yet....guess I better call them. 

Anyone heard where Chris is on his journey west?

I am soaking Crystal.  I had hoped to hang up my flannel shirts for t-shirts though.  It might zoom up to 80 on Sunday.  :)
Chris made it to Joplin, yesterday, safe and sound.  thanks for asking, RRC!
Hi all, has been a while since I was here, no wi fi at the coast, the weather was beautiful when we were there and tomorrow morning when we got up was raining, that was perfect planning...am back in Prineville then to Florence, on the coast (at least that is what I think right now) never know from one minute to the next...I think my friends Dave and Cyndie will be there, am not sure yet, if not will just stay here and go home through idaho again...we shall see, wherever the wind blows me, Richard do not think that I will be anywhere near Portland this visit, as my plans changed as Star's health got better, I am wearing her out now, that is for sure....

Hope everyone has a day filled with love and laughter

RRC, wait till your son turns 43...that is the kicker....:-)

Lynn, good luck with the move and Robbie stay out of the sun and Chris, when you get on here again, good luck in Joplin

Morning all..here it is Saturday already. This week has flown by...must be because I am inside hiding from the heat. 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service