TBD

TBD on Ning

I have mixed feelings about Fall.  The colors can be breath taking but the weather that brings the colors is not at all my favorite.

Views: 577

Replies to This Discussion

ahhh, you couldn't stand it.  so here we go, for October.

i'm not a fan of fall, either -- to me, it means everything is dying.  sure, the colors are lovely for a while, but not worth the price of winter....

i managed to ruin my cell phone w/ coffee containing a liberal dose of creamer, this morning.  sigh.  and it wasn't insured but i now have the lowest priced replacement phone.  of course, can't retrieve the phone numbers, 'cuz the old phone is totally non-responsive.  sigh.  will be going thru PMs and emails hoping to find the few that aren't pencilled in my (paper) address book. PITB!

successful visits w/ both daughters, at least.

Oh no!  Lynn I have nightmares about losing or destroying my cell phone.  I don't know why, I don't use it that much.  I would think it would be a huge nuisance if it fell into a stranger's hands.

Glad your daughter visits were a success.  Have a good week Lynn.

when i decided to get a new cell phone (w/ qwerty keypad) last spring, i couldn't transfer the numbers electronically, so i went thru and made sure they were ALL in my (paper) address book.  the ones i've added since then (including yours) are somewhere in PMs or emails, so i have only to dig them out and key them in again.  i can handily do that during the odd boring teleconference.

the bigger loss is the microSD card with all my pics from Seattle trip on it -- something like 1200 of them.  i removed it from the phone, wrapped it in a tissue and carefully placed it in the coin zipper pocket of my billfold/wallet.  (i haven't yet transferred the pics to my hard drive.)

then when i got home, i removed it and put it ... somewhere.  i have unfolded every tissue in every trash can and can't find it; i am just beside myself!  sure, i have all the pics inside my head, but i had even bought a USB thingee that would fit both SD and microSD chips, so i could move them to a permanent home.  sigh....

OMG!  I hope it shows up!
yeah, me too, but those images are all stored in the important place, my brain.
good morning, all!  it's gray and wet all along the east coast, and 'way cooler than it has any right to be, ugh.  but this is slowing down the color changes, i'm thinking.  seems paradoxical, but looks to be so.
Happy Tuesday guys!  I am waiting for the contractor to come install the door.  I hope I don't have to say this again.  LOL  Da house will get mighty cold during the process of removing old, some retro fitting to accommodate the new door/sidelight assembly, installation, and trim/sealing/painting.
i looked at the weather map this morning -- yeah, you've got a serious chill going on.  the contractor was a no-show, yesterday?  that'll get old in a hurry.  hope you can get it closed back up quickly, at least, even if the finish work trails over into the next day....

I finally called the guy and he hemmed and hawed around and finally said they would be here at noon.  He doesn't think it will take much time.  I told him however long it takes I want it done right.

It started out wet this morning but it is drying out some and the sun just came out for an undependable amount of time.  LOL

so, did he show up?

and more importantly, has he been paid for the door yet?  i sure hope this doesn't go sour for you guys!

Evening folks...my poor little greenie is in the computer hospital. I am hoping she will be released tomorrow but for now I have snuck over to hubby's office and am using his ancient contraption he calls a computer. I did not realize how much I was not used to really typing on a regular keyboard. My fingers keep getting mixed around.
Too hot again today...time for these 90+ temps to go away. A fabulous football game last night..Kiefer scored the only touchdown for his team, punted close to 40 yards and intercepted a pass. It was his night to shine!! He left the game and went straight to play practice...he is an active kid for sure.

Hope you find your sd card Lynn, there is nothing more agivating than misplacing something....the boys [hubby and Kiefer] lost my camera right before I went to Pittsburgh..I keep thinking it will show up somewhere, I am having a terrible time adjusting to my new one...don't know where all the buttons are yet.

If I don't make it tomorrow send some good vibes to my computer.

Have a good evening!!

bummer that you're having to use hubster's ancient desktop, but thanks for stopping in, RRC!

i saw the weather graphic in the paper -- cool around the edges and hot in the middle, once again.  

apparently the microSD card really IS gone, i'm out of places to look for it; have swapped purses, changed billfolds, and after going thru the garbage twice and not finding it, i decided to just take the stuff out to the dumpster, since it was starting to get rank.  sigh.  at least, all those pics are in my mind; many memorable moments from the trip, that won't go away anytime soon.  thanks for your support!  i actually took my camera on the trip, but ended up just using cell phone for all the pics -- not likely i'll do THAT again, sigh.

kudos to Kiefer for great showing in the game last nite!  he's quite the kid!  wow!  but there's no way you'd have had any slackers....

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service