TBD

TBD on Ning

What is a food/drink that you really love but can't get where you live?

Views: 186

Replies to This Discussion

A really good Italian Beef Sandwich...have to wait until I go to LA--- there is a little place there that has the best. They are really like what I got in Chicago growing up...

I answered this already....but my post disappeared! 

I can't find a decent Gyro anywhere around these parts.  I have to take advantage of my two trips north every year to get a decent one.  Even the Greek restaurant nearby doesn't make one like they do up there. 

Gyros are all around

Yeah.....up north.....where you are.  They're big in the Chicago area, too.  But hardly anyone makes them down here, and those that do, do a lousy job of it. 

It's a Greek "sandwich" made of a combination of lamb and beef, shaved  and piled on a Pita bread, covered with tomatoes, onions, and a great sauce made with sour cream and cucumber.  It's usually accompanied by feta cheese.  There's a place in Indiana that makes the best ones ever!!

The sauce is called Tzatziki....and I was incorrect; the meat is a combination of pork and lamb. 

newark makes an awesome gyro

Fry bread! I have to make my own.

I Luv fry bread! I also  luv Zangs Chinese food = here they serve huge platters 4 lunch & my favorite sweet & sour shrimp, egg drop soup & their great wontons 2 :)

I can't get that flavor of Lays potato chips that that cat's got in the picture with the recliner and the Pepsi.

huh?

It says right on the bag Lays Tastes of America - San Antonio with Salsa

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service