TBD

TBD on Ning

"RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT"

It's Super Bowl Sunday, Mandy is on his way to Rio and tomorrow Punxsutawney Phil will have his annual outing. Happy February and "Happy reading to all!"

Views: 569

Replies to This Discussion

Whew, I strained my brain just reading your recommendation, SLOPOK!!!!! Am impressed with your challenge!

Physicist Niels Bohr once said, "Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it." Well, I have been trying for years and am not a bit shocked that I don't understand it at all.

Good for you Slopok. Sounds like a very complicated book.

Saw the movie "The Theory of Everything" last week, about Steven Hawking's theory of the universe.  I think that is as deep as my mind will go. What an incredible intellect he has!

Finished the quantum book, and it was written for someone of average intelligence (which is good for me, everyone I know sees themselves as "slightly above average").It sure gives one a different perspective on reality.

Saw Wired, by Douglas E. Richards in the Kindle store. Someone here may have mentioned it. Here is a thumb nail:

New York Times and USA Today bestseller! 
The #1 bestselling Kindle book for an entire year in two major categories: technothrillers and science fiction. 

"Richards is a worthy successor to Michael Crichton." --Antony Jones, SFBook.com 

Kira Miller is a brilliant genetic engineer who discovers how to temporarily achieve savant-like capabilities in all areas of thought and creativity. But what if this transcendent level of intelligence brings with it a ruthless megalomania? 

David Desh left the special forces after his team was brutally butchered in Iran. Now he has been reactivated for one last mission: find Kira Miller, the enigmatic genius behind a bioterror plot that threatens millions. But when Desh learns that the bioterror plot is just the tip of the iceberg, he is thrust into a byzantine maze of deception and intrigue, and he becomes a key player in a deadly game he can't begin to understand. A game that is certain to have a dramatic impact on the future course of human history. . . 

WIRED is a smart thriller crammed with breakneck action, unexpected twists, mind-expanding science, and intriguing concepts readers will be contemplating long after they've read the last page. 

I'm 70% through the book and it's pretty good, a little like a Jack Reacher adventure where everything sorta falls into place for the protagonist.

Just finished "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkings. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/01/books/review/the-girl-on-the-trai... It is on the top 10 on Best Seller lists and is a British version of "Gone Girl" with a web of marital infidelity and strange disappearances.  Great read and good movie material.  Starting on "The Neon Lawyer" by Victor Methos, my free Amazon Prime monthly book. 

Got The Girl on the train on hold...I'm waaaaay down the list.

I'm 13 out of 119 so there is hope. Am working on taxes so need no distraction right now although it might be welcome! :)

I'm #216 of 671 holds...  lol

But they do have  141 copies!

Louise Penny has next book info at -   http://smarturl.it/NatureDescription  for anyone interested.

Just finished Everything I Never Told You by Celeste NG... what a sad, depressing book about a dysfunctional family.  I skipped about 100 pages in the middle of the book and went toward the end to see what happened...  I would not recommend this book to anyone who doesn't like a lot of angst!  Happy to put it aside...

Also recently read the Mountaintop School for Dogs...  I expected to really love it but I didn't...  ???

Up next is The Husband's Secret...  hopefully better than the last two.

I read "Everything I Never Told You" and was most interested in the conflict between Eastern values and Western values in a mixed marriage.  It also involved "middle child syndrome," in which the unfortunate underachieving child is put under tremendous stress. "The Husband's Secret" is a gem from Australia author Liane Moriarty who has also hit the best seller list with "Big Little Lies," that deals with the interaction between children and their parents in a primary school.  Both are excellent reads.  http://lianemoriarty.com/

Am also not "loving" MOUNTAINTOP SCHOOL FOR DOGS but will be interested in what happens to Evie. The dogs come and go. Am waiting to see how Evie benefits.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service