TBD

TBD on Ning

I just got this in an e-mail. Since I don't text I thought it was cute.

English Grammar: Capitalization

In the world of hi-tech gadgetry, texting, and tweeting I've noticed that more and more people who send messages and emails have forgotten the art of capitalization.

For those of you who fall into this category, please take note of the following statement:

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

b

Tags: capitalization, text, tweet, writing

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

That's a visual I didn't need.
I had a party line incident maybe fifteen years ago.  I kept trying to get a hold of a guy that was working for me.  After an hour I finally got him.  I asked him who was on the phone and then I hear this little old lady voice saying "That was me."  She was listening in on our conversation.

I text.  I can keep it touch with my kids that way.

Aggie, has it right.  Cheaper to text and there are times I like texts rather than a phone call.  I may in the middle of doing something, especially at work, and can get back to them when my hands are free. 

But I still revolt when it comes to using lines such as "r u busy?" 

no, u?
Is this a test?  Ha.
cya ubu lol!
I just got text from son after texting him if he feed the cow and how did his interview go with the bank and he texted back: "So idk yet"

Does anyone know what that means?
I replied "?"

Aggie, I think it means "I don't know."

As in "so I don't know yet."

:-D  Thank you, Kooner!  Some have said that I look young for my age. 
Thank you, Goldilocks!  You are so in touch with the young folk.
You're welcome, Aggie!  Being online a lot helps with understanding the younger generations' terms.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service