TBD

TBD on Ning

Happy December!  Busy month for most of us but always time to relax with a good read!  I've finished Amy Tan's THE VALLEY OF AMAZEMENT and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It tells the story of a mother and daughter who were both high class courtesans in China. The story covers forty years. 

Currently well into David Baldacci's KING AND MAXWELL.  Am quite enjoying following King and Maxwell--former Secret Service agents turned private investigators, as they try to help a teenage boy prove that his father who was reported killed in Afghanistan is alive and not a traitor.  Story moves quickly and lots of action!

What are you reading???????

Views: 981

Replies to This Discussion

She is 73, a year younger than me, and plans a book every 2 years until she is nearly 80.  I hope she makes it.  If not, some ghost writer can end the series with "Z is for Zero Books Left to Write."  I read "Kinsey and Me" this summer in which she talks about her writing and the way she has developed the character.  It's a worthwhile read.  I got it at the library.   

I saw her interview on CBS Sunday Morning.  She seemed to be in good health with a life she was enjoying, so I  see no reason why she shouldn't finish.  But I do love your suggested book title, "Z is for Zero Books...."

I'm hoping that when the series ends Kinsey will Zip off to Disney World and live happily ever after!  applause

Every time I need something light to read - I pick Evanovich.  I love her grandmother and get many laughs out of her attitude.  I hope she does keep on writing.  I need all the laughs I can get.

Janet Evanovich, age 70, is just 3 years younger than Sue Grafton.  Wishing them both continued success with many years of good health and many more hours of good reading for us.

Just finished Doing Hard Time by Stuart Woods.  He has written 53 books, but my most favorite character is Teddy Fay, which this novel is about.  Of course, I enjoyed it.

Just finished Tahoe Chase by Todd Borg; what a great book!  I've loved all his books, I thought the first one was perfect, but somehow they seem to just keep getting better & better.  And the ending of this one; wow!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service