TBD

TBD on Ning

December already! Where did the year go?

As Dr. Seuss said:
"How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before afternoon.
December is here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?"

Alice Hoffman is one of my favorite storytellers. Today I picked up her just released novel FAITHFUL. The cover says that for anyone who's ever been a hurt teenager, for every mother of a daughter who has lost her way, FAITHFUL is a road map. Here, take a look/see:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29430788-faithful

Views: 147

Replies to This Discussion

LORUACH...I tried to save you some fudge but the container was empty?

You mention The a Things They Carried...Viet Nam ERA.

Well, I just finished a Michael Connally book called:

THE WRONG SIDE OF GOODBYE.

YUP, I actually loved it! Harry Bosch was a "Tunnel Rat" in Viet Nam. He brings up his past a bunch in this mystery.

It was written in 2010 but just recorded on Audio this November. So maybe I am behind the times in listing it here.

The other book I'm listening to. THANK YOU FOR BEING LATE by Thomas L Friedman. Basically it is how electronics have changed us especially since 2007. Some humor for sure but compelling.

One thing I gotta share: most of you know I'm a FITBIT wearer and before that....

In Japan small cattle farmers had a hard time breeding their cows. The estrus (fertility) time is only 12-16 hours. They want to inseminate but very difficult to predict. Then researchers found that when the cow was "in heat" so to speak she started walking around a lot more. So researchers came up with a Pedometer that could send a signal when lots of steps were in motion. The farmer could get his appliance ready! Births are WAAAY up!!!

Yup, I wore a Pedometer for 8 years before the FITBIT came out!

We all have our little idiosyncrasies? Lol

I have "The Wrong Side of Goodby" on Kindle for my next read. They ran a special on the title for $4.99 yesterday. I am current in the midst of "The Danish Girl" a bit controversial story that was made into an Academy Award nominated picture. 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service