TBD

TBD on Ning

Now that August is here, are you finding any cool spots to curl up with a good book?  Will be 103 here tomorrow! 

I'm about 2/3 finished with THE NEVER LIST by Koethi Zan.  The story is very timely as it deals with some girls held captive for three years in a dungeon-like cellar by a connoisseur of sadism. Sound familiar?

http://www.amazon.com/Never-List-Koethi-Zan/dp/0670026514/ref=sr_1_...

What are you reading now?

Views: 835

Replies to This Discussion

FLOWER...thanks for helping me feel like I'm not "losing it" completely! Lol

You definitely are not losing it and I am an expert at it.  LOL

I finished The Intercept by Dick Wolf whose name anyone who has watched the various Law and Order series on TV will recognize.  Guess he wanted to try his skill in a different form. It was a terrorism thriller based on the airplane hijackings of the modern era. Not a a bad effort, but I doubt it will bring him the fame of the Law and Order series he created.  

OK, I'm biting the bullet and delving into the "Game of Thrones" series by George R.R. Martin.  My library had long waiting lists on all the books, and the Kindle was $30.  But Amazon was selling the 4 book series for $16 and no shipping charge for Prime members.  There's about 4,000 pages here.  I probably need a scorecard to keep track of the action. 

Ray reading nothing???  not possible...  LOL

I just finished William G. Tapply's  first book - someone here recommended him and I liked the book and will plan to read more of his many books.  Presently reading Michael Koryta's book - Sorrows Anthem and his books are very good.  Also reading Faye Kellerman on the computer -but cannot recall the title - another good read.  Time to get my order in for next week at the library.  Cannot run out of reads.  LOL

'

Flower, I think you will enjoy Tapply’s books very much, and believe I have read all of them.  He was one one of three authors that I liked very much whose stories centered on the Boston area, or in one case, Martha’s Vineyard.  Robert B. Parker was the other Boston writer and Philip Craig who centered his stories on Martha’s Vineyard.  In fact, Tapply and Craig were good friends, fished together, and co-authored at least three books, Second Sight, First Light and Third Strike.  Unfortunately, all three are gone now.

I have all his books on my to be read list.  He also coauthored with Stoney Calhoun -Bitch Creek, Gray Ghost, and Dark Tiger.  He did one with LindaBarlow - Thicker than Water and had a story in Hook, Line and Sinister.  The Nomination is the last book I have that he wrote.  Really sorry to hear that he is gone.  Thanks for the info and glad you posted re: him.

I finished Unleashed by David Rosenfelt, an Andy Carpenter mystery, which included a golden retriever, of course.  His fans will enjoy the book.

Ray, I saw your post and immediately put Unleashed on my library Hold list.

I didn't know that "A Game of Thrones," George RR Martin is a seven book series called "A Song of Fire and Ice."  All in all there are well over 7,000 pages to the fantasy adventure.  There is a web site where all the maps of the kingdoms are available for viewing.  Genealogy trees show the complex cast of characters and other aids help you understand the story.  I'm about 150 pages into the first book  Five have been written and last two are unpublished as yet.  So far I am enjoying the trip into a  past in a land that looks a lot like middle ages England.  But I need a reading plan, as I don't plan on consuming the 5,000 plus pages currently in print in a straight through read.  I will probably plan on reading a book a month.  Maybe I can just wait until the HBO series becomes available at the library or on Prime for a reduced fee or free.   

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service