TBD

TBD on Ning

— John Lynn
Phoenix Atheism Examiner July 8, 10:25 AM

The video clip has already surfaced on YouTube and is rapidly popping up in blogs all across cyberspace. Arizona State Senator Sylvia Allen (R) says that the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

Not only does she mention that the Earth is only 6,000 years old, twice, but she also stresses that we “start focusing on the technology we have.” How does someone reconcile stressing the use of technology, while dismissing scientific evidence at the same time? Ironically, radiometric dating is one of the methods used to determine the age of the Earth by measuring radioactive decay in things such as uranium – the very material she wants us to mine so we can “get the money from it.”

This same type of thinking is common in many religious communities. It ultimately rests on the concept that the end of the world is coming soon, possibly in our lifetimes, and therefore we can continue to consume natural resources at egregious rates. The reality is that our grandchildren will not have “the same lifestyle we have” if people in governmental positions of authority continue to dangerously ignore scientific evidence in exchange for their personal religious views. This is both irresponsible and frightening.

Tags: Stupid Senator

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

6000 years old, huh? That's news to the cultures whose recorded history dates back more than 6000 years ago.
I think Jim Morrison said it best....People are strange.
Ahhh yes, aren't they though. And, I've always been a stranger. LOL
I'm not certain, but I think IL's Shimkus might think it as well. I know he things CO2 comes out of a cow's ass...

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service