TBD

TBD on Ning

Or... Are you lonely?

Is there a fine line between the two...?
I'm trying to figure out why I don't like holidays.  I think I live my life vicariously through others sometimes...You know the drill...
It's such and such  time of year....gather with  all  your friends and relatives and have a wonderful time!!!
Quite frankly I have no "all " around me to speak of.
 My kids are estranged from each other..not from me though...I see them on a separate basis and I have no relatives here.
I do admit I like my "alone" time.  I'm good company for me...I keep myself amused.  I have never been too needy in a social way.
I also like company...to have someone to talk with...be quiet with...to share a meal..
This isn't a pity party....just a reflective moment...

Tags: dancingsolo, peacefulandcontent, sittingonadockbythebay, watchingtheworldpassby

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

Chez, I can understand that. In my disfunctional family we never have get-togethers. Heck, I have a brother and two sisters somewhere in this same town and I havent seen or spoken to them in more than 15 years. No real animosity there, it's just that nobody cares enough. Sad huh? I don't even have a mailing address for any of them.
That does happen sometimes in families. I guess they are not always the people one would choose as friends.
When I wasn't working I would sometimes just go to the grocery store to be around people... I would go for days and realize I hadn't spoken to anyone else other than my daughter and the cats!! That was just wrong for me...

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service