TBD

TBD on Ning

Rapa asked me to help think of a Wednesday Game so this is what I thought would be interesting.

Alphabetically post an author you have read with one of the books you have enjoyed by that author.

If you memory needs jogging (like mine did) here is a link to fantastic fiction where you can browse authors alphabetically and it's fun to see which are the most popular authors and how many books each one has written.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

It's fun to browse the lists.

I'll start with A...

Albom, Mitch... author of the popular Tuesdays with Morrie.

Who'll try B ?

Views: 519

Replies to This Discussion

Zusak, Markus...author of "The Book Thief," a touching  story that was set in the Nazi regime. 

Abrahams, Peter  aka Spencer Quinn...  must confess I haven't read any under his real name... there seem to be some children's books as well as mystery/thrillers... but I've read all the Chet & Bernie books under his Quinn pseudonym.  After perusing his fantastic fiction page I think I'll try some...

BRADLEY, ALAN, author of THE SWEETNESS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PIE and other "Flavia deLucia" books.

Craig, Philip....One my all time favorite mystery writers, who located the majority of his books on Martha's Vineyard. Sadly, he died about five years ago. 

Have never read Craig's books.  Thanks for the thumbs up, lorouch!!!!!

Dickens, Charles...author of "Oliver Twist" and host of popular novels that exposed the underside of British society at the time.  Most were serialized in the newspapers and give high school kids fits when they have to read them as part of their English assignments. 

Flynn, Vince...  author of all those wonderful Mitch Rapp thrillers... my brother's favorite author!

.....and he recently died so young!

GREELEY, ANDREW...author of the Father Blackie Ryan series.  He also died this year, but he was 85 not just 47 like Vince Flynn.  Father Greeley (oh if you didn't know was a Catholic priest) wrote these delightful novels about Irish family life and even included some steamy scenes, but he also wrote religious books and a column for the Chicago Sun-Times.  He will be missed.

Hubbard, L Ron...author of "Battlefield Earth" and numerous sci-fi novels but is most famous for founding Scientology, a religious sect that has gained some popularity and notoriety over the years with it's following by a few Hollywood types. 

Johnson, Craig... author of the Walt Longmire series which was made into a TV series last year.

KELLERMAN, FAYE....author of the Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus series.  I've always been a bigger of fan of hers over her husband Jonathan, and now their son Jesse has written 7 books of his own.  What a talented family!!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service