TBD

TBD on Ning

Rapa asked me to help think of a Wednesday Game so this is what I thought would be interesting.

Alphabetically post an author you have read with one of the books you have enjoyed by that author.

If you memory needs jogging (like mine did) here is a link to fantastic fiction where you can browse authors alphabetically and it's fun to see which are the most popular authors and how many books each one has written.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

It's fun to browse the lists.

I'll start with A...

Albom, Mitch... author of the popular Tuesdays with Morrie.

Who'll try B ?

Views: 519

Replies to This Discussion

Steig Larson ...author of The Dragon Tattoo, he Girl who played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest

MICHENER, JAMES....author of The Source.  a book I've read at least 8 times in the last 40 years....and I seldom read a book twice.  Captivating story of the history of religion.

Niffenegger, Audrey... author of The Time Traveler's Wife.  I loved this book... wonder why I've never tried others by her... note to self: do that!

Orwell, George...author of "1984" which was recently on the USA Today Best Seller list, as some are reading (or rereading) the classic as they are concerned about the "big brother" aspect of some of the current security activity that has been exposed. 

Penny, Louise author of "STILL LIFE"................need I say more???????

Quinn, Daniel author of "Ishmael: An Adventure of Mind and Spirit"
The ruminations of a philosopher who happens to be a gorilla. Very original and engaging.

It starts with an ad "Teacher seeks student .. apply in person"

Rosenfelt, David   A favorite author of many Andy Carpenter books, as well as standalone thrillers.

SEE, LISA....author of Peony in Love, Dreams of Joy and several other wonderful books about the experiences of Chinese women.

Tapply, William G...  author of Bitch Creek and about 40 other wonderful outdoor mysteries.  We were so sorry to hear of his death a few years back... no more Stoney Calhoun novels.

Updike, John... author of the "Rabbit, Run" and a host of other contemporary novels of our generation.  I especially liked "The Witches of Eastwick" which was placed in an imaginary town in Rhode Island (actually Warwick), where I grew up.  Mostly I remember nuns but few witches, however our high school mascot was a wizard, so I guess that qualifies. 

VIDAL, GORE, who died last year, wrote MYRA BRECKINRIDGE in 1968.  I think it was the only novel of his that I read.

WROBLEWSKI, DAVID....author of The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.  Longtime Bookoholics members will remember what a love-hate affair we had with this book.  I checked and it's been 5 years without a sequel; do I hear a sigh of relief?!!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service