TBD

TBD on Ning

Rainbows and butterflies are themselves beautiful and highly symbolic, but they are also representative of all the small miracles of our life - the little things that are so easy to overlook, yet so awe inspiring when we take a moment to notice and to pay attention.

Give thanks for the rainbows, for the butterflies, for all God's creatures - large and small, for the bright blue sky and the soft fog and the gentle rain, for the tree veiled in the season's first frost, for the baby's laugh, for the touch of a hand and the whispered "I love you."

My own "Rainbows & Butterflies" are the squirrels chasing each other around the apple tree, the deer and her fawn who visit us for the apples, the magnificent hawk who swoops low through our yard, the sea otters at play on the beach, the ungainly yet graceful and serene manatees that once came to swim with us.

Consider these "Rainbows & Butterflies"

* a gentle kiss
* a baby's smile
* the voice on the telephone that says "I'm glad you called."
* the gentle whisper from the other side of the bed, "sweet dreams. I love you."
* a song that touches our heart - whether a sad song, a song of love, or a polka
* raindrops on leaves
* brightly colored glass
* a bird in flight
* a basketful of kittens
* a gentle fog
* a sunset
* a roaring fire
* roasting marshmallows
* the season's first dusting of snow
* fruit and vegetables picked with our own hand

Exercise: What are my "Rainbows & Butterflies?" How often am I conscious of the small miracles that happen right before my eyes? How might my life be more Joyful if I adopted the practice of a daily Celebration of my "Rainbows & Butterflies?" How might that Celebration look?

Tags: Butterflies, Celebration, Rainbows

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Ladyg!!!!!!!!! and here is a rainbow for you!!!!!!! hope you like it...:)

It was the teaching of our Mother when we were young that people are as the butterfly, strong enough to fight their way, eat their way from a tough cocoon to experience life and yet delicate enough to rise in flight. That one musn't hold or touch the wings of a butter fly or you will cripple or even kill them. Thus, the butterfly, a fierce yet delicate source of life and an example to the balance required to the living of this life. I love butterflies.
Today's quote:

"Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be."

-- Grandma Moses
agreed Mary, under any and all circumstances, we must do our very best to turn the bad into good and the sorrows into joys. There is something to be learned, gained or pondered in every situation. This helps me to stay centered, when I live with GM's words of wisdom in mind! Thank you...T
i've missed these...welcome back!!!!!!!

To be alive, to be able to think, to ponder, to read, to share a smile, laughter or even tears, to bless, encourage, uplift, to bring hope, love kindness, joy to the life of another...These are some of my "butterflies" LadyG....Life is a precious gift, may I use mine wisely...
You will Tina and I hope we all will

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service