TBD

TBD on Ning

might as well post this .. but .. try to be nice ok..

well just my 2 cents here .. i think we're all entitled to our opinions .. but facts are facts and nobody is entitled to their own facts if they're not facts .. you can like a politician or dislike him .. sometimes you might like him for what you think he stands for only to have been duped .. its happened before and it will happen again .. when john kennedy ran for president he was addressin a fund raiser by the league of women voters and he started off by askin how many of you here would like your son to grow up to be president ?? and they all raised their hands .. then he asked how many of you would like your son to grow up and be a politician and only one woman in the back raised her hand .. he looked at her and said your son madam has about the best chance .. basicly what he was sayin was politicians are not all that well respected .. revered somewhere between a lawyer and a skunk if i had to give em some kind of rating .. and this was back in 1960 .. its not like they've come up a few notches since then is it ?? so now i'll ask a simple question .. what did george bush do to garner the respect of anyone here in this group ?? no name callin .. just the cold hard facts .. what did his presidency accomplish that you could honestly say good job george ?? and i'm not pickin just one president .. we can go all the way back to fdr if you want .. but for now lets start with g.w and we'll go from there ..but lets try to stick to the facts and no name callin ok.. lets try and do this the civilized way .. 

Views: 382

Replies to This Discussion

The first two things you list are certainly not achievements. No child left behind was a terrible law and did much more harm to schools and students than anything else I saw in 40 years as an educator. The tax cuts only helped the wealthy and ran up huge debts that along with the cost of the wars will have this country paying for them for at least the next fifty years. the Medicare prescription drug law was really just a gift to the large pharmaceutical companies (we cannot negotiate the price of drugs? Doughnut hole?) I still believe he was probably the worst president ever, well except for Reagan.
You do know Wikipedia is not a reliable source? Anybody can go on there and write what ever they want.

That prescription drug plan saves me over $3000 a year on my prescription's . Good thing for me . Maybe because I'm listed in the poor bracket ....

I'm not going to argue either pro or anti Bush.  But something we should keep in mind is.....when the nation is under attack, and we have no idea where or if it will happen again.....the Secret Service's job is to whisk POTUS away to safety, and since Washington, DC, itself, was one of the targets, they felt he was safer in the air.  It is not fear.....nor lack of leadership.....it us standard procedure for protecting the president and vp of the country during an attack.  Normally, they would put him in the bunker under the WH, but since DC was a target, and POTUS was out of town, the logical thing to do was get him aboard AF One asap.  They would do the very same thing with the current president if we came under that type of attack again. 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service