TBD

TBD on Ning

Why would you want to live anywhere else? You Yankees just don't know what you are missing.

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why would you want to live anywhere else? You Yankees just don't know what you are missing.

Yes, I do. I'm missing grits. That's all I need to keep me north of the Mason-Dixon line
And I feel blessed.
I've lived south of the Mason-Dixon line 93% of my life and only had grits one time. I'm in good standing with at least 10% of other Southerners. Not sure that has anything to do with grits.
Born and raised in Naperville, Illinois and later 15 years in the San Bernardino, California area; one short stint in HARRAH, OKLAHOMA, and back to Illinois -- close to Naperville.
I recommend the Chicago area. Is ya cold? Is ya really fkn cold? Then you must be freezing! Get inside!

And Minnesota has fierce winters, but gorgeous sky & stars & lakes so vivid you think that they are shiny silver coins.

Wisconsin and Michigan can't be beat for lakes and beauty and freezing damn cold also, but exquisite beauty.

I hear that the Northeast is bitter cold in the winter but actually the mostest bestest place to go in the spring and summer.

It's all subjective, as I have said before and will repeat until you get it.
I've done cold
and
I've done warm.

I declare warm best.

I will do warm from now on.
Come closer, Robbie. Let me see warm. It's been awhile here in outer Chicago.

(smooch!)
It's not subjective.
Do you have Leprechauns? No.
Do you have crazy people that see Leprechauns? No.
We love our crazy people in the south. We don't hide them away in institutions.
Hell, we are proud of them, and encourage their craziness.
Take Wanda The Faye for example, we let her run loose.
ROFLMHO (choking and spitting my grape juice all over the place......)
Leprechauns? You haven't seen 'em unless you've been in Chicago on St. Paddy's day. We turn our river and fountains green, and drink green beer until it's coming out of our ears. Ask the folks at Butch McGuires or Halligan if they've seen a leprechaun...
When I was a kid, I loved the snow, problem is, I ain't a kid anymore. I have kinda given up searching for the pot of gold, but would settle for the pot.
That's what I'm talking about.
Yep, same here moosie. I loved the 5 or so years I spent in Atlanta but I have no overriding desire to return for many of the reasons you mention. Having lived in multi-cultural Southern California that hidden social ladder i just find repugnant.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service