TBD

TBD on Ning

I 've been around a while.  Learned to crawl, walk, run.  Ride a bike and roller skate.

I've had my share of boo-boos too.  Never broke a big bone but fractured my nose once and had a fractured rib....results of good fun gone awkward.

I've had stitches here and there from surgery but none  needed from slicing a bagel or chopping veggies...or playing mumblypeg.

So I was thinking...every scar has a story.  Can you recall how you got that one on your knee or the back of your arm...What were you doing?   Where you afraid to tell Mom?

Tags: air rifle, brother did it, dumb idea

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Starting to remind me of that scene from "Jaws" when Hooper and Quint and Brody are comparing scars....

I got nothin' on yuz guys....

The scars on my knees from childhood mishaps are no longer visible.  I have a scar on my right arm from cutting it on the rough edge of a homemade bird cage.  I have a scar on my neck from thyroid surgery (had a goiter removed), but it is fading.
Both when I was in my twenties...one on my little finger from getting it pinched in a machine at the foundry I worked in. The foreman wouldn't let me see a doctor until my shift ended. The second one is on my upper arm - I was thrown through a large glass window in a barroom brawl. I remember little of that except there was a lot of blood and it didn't hurt much.
Alcohol is amazing in it's medicinal purpose....

Barfly

We are a beat up bunch aren't we? We should get together and compare our scars.

I left out some minor scars in my first post here. I have a inch and a half scar and  some numbness in my right bird finger from dropping a huge cylinder of chlorine on it when I worked as a lifeguard while in college. There is a small scar and also some numbness on the little finger on my right hand from cutting it badly on a piece of Johnson grass. Any body else know what Johnson grass is? There are Small scars on both shoulders from rotator cuff surgery a few years ago. I have a chipped tooth from running into a barbwire fence while playing hide and seek in the dark when I was 8 or 9.

I think we all want to hear about Kooners gunshot wound.

Oh, Kooner, Next time I'm in NY I'll bring my boo boos around.

I almost hate saying this out loud, but I've never had stitches, never broke a bone, and my only hospital stay was for my tonsils.

O, and those four days I needed IV antibiotics...

Quinn, You have my sympathy.

Your comment about tonsils reminded me.

When I was four years old my tonsils were removed. That probably wouldn't have been to bad(they actually did feed me ice cream after)but some saddist, I think it was my mother, decided that to save money, I would be circumcised at the same time. Talk about burning the candle at both ends. I can still remember that ordeal.

That's so wrong.....on so many levels....

Ice cream can't help that pickle....

Whoops, I forgot the 13 small scars on my abdomen where they did the arthroscopic surgery. That makes my total 20.
I would say "yes" to the evil brother bruises.!!!  Is he nicer now?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service