TBD

TBD on Ning

Alas,  The year is coming to an end.  Am planning (best laid plans) to visit here at least one time a day. And to make December bright in my eyes.  Love and laughter and good riddance to 2012.

Views: 583

Replies to This Discussion

Good evening my friends,

I had a joyous Thanksgiving day.  We went to the clubhouse that serves clients in jefferson center.  Three of my children and five of my grandchildren, showed up at ten, helped cook, set up and serve Thanksgiving dinner.  What a joy it was, and then my daughter in law brought the little one by, so all family but Paul was there.  Then to Layfayette to stay the weekend with my good friend Elizabeth.  We had a great weekend, doing almost nothing.

Am going to become involved in a website, Eternea.org.  An author, who wrote Proof Of Heaven, had his friend John set it up.  All about near death experiences, grief and loss and is going to be exciting.  I am going to be the moderator of the grief and loss message board when they get it set up.  Am in the process of typing up my masters paper "Facing Death, Inspiration to Living Life" so Elizabeth can edit it and we will put it on the site.  Hopefully this will give me a new purpose in life, am really bored with my job, yet grateful that I have something that will help me pay the bills.  And I know that I would be crazy if I was not working at all.  Crazy that is, unless I had lots of money so I could travel all over the country.

Lynn, am looking forward to your visit.  Will be fun to meet you in person, and I am still getting ready to move on from the dreams of the relationship, I thought that I would have forever.

Richard, hope you and Sharon are well, and hello RRC.

Our weather is unbelievable, here it is the beginning of December and it is in the high sixties.  Only 21 more days and the days start getting longer.  I am not liking it getting dark so early these evenings.

Hope your Saturday was filled with love and laughter

Will be back tomorrow, for sure

Many thanks, Thalia, for setting up our December thread.

Moderating a message board has lots of possibilities, both for learning and for overwork!  but i can tell you're excited about it!

I've made my hotel reservation in Denver.  I'll PM you my cell number and specifics, so we can start planning!  i sooo understand the disappointment of watching a relationship fall apart, it's taken a year and a half.  i wasn't sure that remaining in contact would be the right thing to do, but we tried it, and in the end, it was learning just how self-centered (narcissistic and martyr-prone) he actually is, that has finally allowed me to "let go."  growing up with a mother of the same ilk, then married to similar ilk, i can only say that i didn't see it, at least not in time to head off the heartache.

i looked at the weather map this morning -- mid-continent is as warm as it's supposed to be here, in the 70s and reaching 70+ on monday/tuesday!  well, Richard and Sharon will be cool and near-drowning in rain, tho'.  i reckon the rest of us will pay a price for this gorgeous weather, later in the winter. 

i too dislike the short days.  mornings aren't much of a problem, since i rarely/never see sunrise, but dark at 4:30-5 o'clock is just wrong....

today there's a christmas concert that one of my pool buddies will sing in, and then a christmas dance for the "mature singles," same group as i went to last month.  those may be my social events for the season, tee hee....

Good evening,

Has been a great day, read half of the book Forgive for Good by Dr. Fred Luskin, so far so good

Went to work to a meeting, volunteered to talk about success stories in DBT,  got to see a friend I had not seen for some time so that was nice.

Now am just hanging out, waiting for the Voice to begin and to get ready for another short week at work

And yes, have purused the eternea website and think that it is something that will get my juices running again, and who knows where the possibilities might lead

Another glorious day here, in the fifties and sunny...same for tomorrow...we could use the moisture, it can stay in the mountains for all that I care

Hope you all have a terrific tuesday filled with love and laughter

tuesday....

the christmas concert was a bust.  while the performance was good, the choices of music arrangements were very formal and classical, not my preference for "enjoyable.  but the worst was the overwhelming quantity of perfume in the air -- far more than just the person next to me -- to where i departed at intermission.

but the christmas party was very nice, i'm glad i went!

the one person i knew in this area has tried valiantly to recruit me for Habitat for Humanity, but their mission simply doesn't "call" me, and the activities they offer to get involved with aren't things i am able or want to do -- construction, helping families budget (i never manage to do that, myself), fund-raising (primarily church-oriented), and working in their 2nd-hand store.  but i did say that if they have environmental concerns about any of their sites, i'd be happy to help them navigate the bureaucracies.  well, today, i get to meet with their "real estate committee" about a property they're deciding whether to accept, that used to be a sewage treatment site.  it seems to me that the engineering study of the property was cursory and omitted important aspects like where's the flood plain (since it sits next to a river) and was this sewage treatment from the adjacent industrial property (potential for heavy metals, persistent chemicals) or really just residential (unlikely in that location.)  the plant would have been in operation long before environmental regulations were in place, so i'm not trusting the engineer's assurances from visual inspection, that there are no problems.  oughta' be interesting, at least.

this is the last day of gorgeous weather, cooler tomorrow and then cold by the end of the week.  still, it's been a delightful few days!  Richard, i'm sorry you folks up there in the Pacific northwest got storms instead of this....

Hello Tuesday occupants!  My heart and prayers are going out to Yulong Moy with great hope for her.  I'll be back later today.

yes, indeed. but i want to shake her for ignoring her symptoms for so long.  She's the other person i tried to meet up with, when i was in Portland, she is an incredible personality! 

I remember you wanting to see her.  I think Thalia did too when she was here.

Hi all.. just me popping in for a quick visit. Looks like there is an influx of folks to our little home. 
The weather is gorgeous here today but still hoping for some moisture. I also need to get going on some Christmas shopping one of these days. Maybe this Monday I can do some...after my mammogram. 

Not much else to report, my days tend to blend into each other. Today is the anniversary of Ward's mom's death in 1971. It always is a solemn day for Ward whether he is aware of it or not. 

Back to work. Have a great day!!

Hi all,

Lynn, will pm you soon.  Am getting excited to see you

Richard hi there

and RRC always good to see you check in...well have not been here one time a day yet it is better than it used to be

My Alia won an award last night...one of eight out of six hundred employees in JCMH....she is certainly a success story...and has worked very hard at her own recovery and to help others as well

Well my friends, reading time, am going to go spend the weekend with my friend elizabeth again...

looks like the weather is finally changing and i would be only too happy to have the snow stay in the mountains...i don't like the snow and cold..and the older i get the more i dislike it

have a good friday filled with love and laughter

Hey Thallygal good to see you stopped by.  Congrats to Alia for winning the award but most importantly the hard work she did for which the award represents.

It's been somewhat mild weather here.  Sure we got rain in places most of the time but the temps are still in mid to high 40's during the daylight hours.  The mountain are snow covered now.  I agree with you the snow must stay there.  LOL

Cousin Dennis seeded the hill behind him with hay for the wild elk and moose in Libby, Montanna

also set out this salt block they set up a cam to see who came up there including human trespassers

I saw him today and he said he took his grandchildren up on the quad because of the snow and

he high tailed it back down because this time the wolves had been up there roaming around

last time I was there was 3 months ago and a black bear was on the porch looking in the window

Hi Julia

Thanks for stopping in.  I would be excited to see the wildlife up close but not too personal.  I love Montana haven't been there for decades.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service