TBD

TBD on Ning

The one artwork that has stirred emotional turbulence in me is Rodin's piece: The Gates of Hell showcased at the door of the Rodin Museum in Philadelphia. I felt very disturbed just staring at the piece. The gates are exquisitely sculpted- imo beyond compare. The details are so fine and sharp, its almost as if you are looking at a collage of sculptures. I can feel the experience of 'hell' just standing next to it.

Views: 141

Replies to This Discussion

I can't find his artwork on the Internet????
Carroll Dunham; his images of people terrorize my soul in remarkable ways.
Attachments:
Forgive my irreverence, but several of his works I've seen online are reminiscent of the cartoon figures I see on Nickelodeon.... lol except this particularly disturbing one: Wounded Man

I also find Ashley Bickerton’s works to be extremely disturbing in that they question the traditional notions of beauty in a way that unsettles me. I love his flagrant use of colors and use of subtle or not so subtle faults to get his viewers to reevaluate the contemporary values of beauty. The hula dancer above is chillingly eerie to me particularly because my own daughter is a professional hula dancer, so I've observed first hand the grace, sensuality, and warmth hula dancers usually exude while performing.

Bickerton’s Exhibit
You will see several of his works in this YouTube videoclip. Look at the centerpiece sculpture-very disturbing
Powerful. I was not familiar with his work. Thank you for sharing.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service