TBD

TBD on Ning

Via internet stream you can listen to a variety of interesting music.

Google WQNA to find the stream. The show is called Fear and Loathing in Springfield and it airs 6 - 9PM CST on Sunday evenings.

It may uplift the downtrodden and down trod the uplifted. Some may faint, others may experience moments of rage and in some cases hilarity.

Views: 13379

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WQNA "Fear and Loathing in Springfield" set list, November 18th, 2018....

"Thanksgiving Day Parade", Dan Bern, "New American Language"
"Thanksgiving Day", Ray Davies, "Other People's Lives"

"Life In The Food Chain
", Tonio K, "Life In The Food Chain"
"Let Me Teach You How To Eat", the Reverend Horton Heat, "Rev"

"Eat Starch Mom", the Jefferson Airplane, "Long John Silver"
"Eat Or Be Eaten", Iggy Pop, "Zombie Birdhouse"

"Harvest Festival", XTC, "Apple Venus"
"Paris 1919", John Cale, "Paris 1919
"Antarctica Starts Here", John Cale, "Paris 1919"
"This Is The Weekend We Take The House Apart", Kinski, "Accustomed To Your Face"
"Forbidden", Protomartyr, 2018 single
"Stendahl Syndrome", Idles, "Brutalism"
"Full Moon Over The Internet", the Electric Six, "Bride Of The Devil"
"Evolution Circus", Guided By Voices, "Space Gun"

"Silver Threads", Jim White, "Waffles, Triangles And Jesus"
"The Last Lion Of Albion", Neko Case, "Hell-On"
"In My Own Particular Way", Marianne Faiuthfull, "Negative Capability"

"Super 8", Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, "Live From The Ryman"
"Footsteps In The Shadows", Alejandro Escovedo and Don Antonio, "The Crossing"
"No Secrets", Jim James, "Uniform Clarity"
"Poor Imitation Of God", John Hiatt, "The Eclipse Sessions"
"Human Perfection", the Bottle Rockets, "Bit Logic"
"Shadow Painting", Luca, "Graciously: A Gulf Relief Compilation"

"Stand By Your Man" (Tammy Wynette), Lyle Lovett & His Large Band, "Lyle Lovett & His Large Band"
"Yesterdays" (Irene Dunn), Stan Ridgway, "The Way I Feel Today"

"Call It Stormy Monday" (T-Bone Walker) / "Lonely Avenue" (Ray Charles), Van Morrison, "Roll With The Punches"
"If You Don't Know Me By Now" (Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes), Shinyribs, "Gulf Coast Museum"
"Purple Rain" (Prince), the Okra All-Stars, "The Okra All-Stars"
"Love Is Blindness" (U2), Cassandra Wilson, "New Moon Daughter"

"Please Mr. Postman" (the Marvelettes), the 'Backbeat' Band, "Backbeat" spoundtrack
"Woo Hoo !" (the Rock-a-Teens), the 5-6-7-8's, "Kill Bill" soundtrack, Vol. 1

"Don't Talk To Strangers" (the Beau Brummels), the Real Kids, "Grown Up Wrong"
"Wicked Annabella" (the Kinks), the Minus 5, "Give The People What We Want: Songs of the Kinks"
"Fortunate Son" (Creedence Clearwater Revival), Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, "Speak Out: Live at the Newport Folk Festival"

"Turkey Chase" (Trad.), Bob Dylan, "Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid" soundtrack
"You Ain't Going Nowhere" (Bob Dylan), Dumptruck, "Lemmings Travel Tpo The Sea"
"Step It Up And Go" (the Memphis Jug Band), Bob Dylan, "Good As I Been To You"

"My Sweet Lord" (George Harrison), Five Thirty, "Alvin Lives In Leeds"
"Isn't It A Pity" (George Harrison), Galaxie 500, "On Fire"

"Last Date" (Floyd Cramer), the Morells, "The Morells Live Anthology: 101 Songs About Cars, Girls And Food"
"Tom Dooley" (Trad. / the Kingston Trio), Neil Young & Crazy Horse, "Americana"

the "Rocky & Bullwinkle" theme (Fred Steiner), Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic, "Magnetic Flip"
"Sisters" (Bernard Hermann), MX-80, "Das Love Boat"

"Apples And Oranges" (Pink Floyd), Andy Partridge, 2018 single
"Under Pressure" (David Bowie and Queen) / "Let It Go" ("Frozen"), Puddles, "You Down ?"

"Heartbeat (It's A Love Beat)" (the DeFranco Family), the Replacements, "Let It Be" (2008 Re-Issue)
"Nutbush City Limits" (Ike & Tina Turner), the Black Diamond Heavies, "A Touch Of Someone Elses' Class"

"Ballad Of Jim Jones", the Brian Jonestown Massacre, "Thank God For Mental Illness"
"Bolero" (Maurice Ravel), Frank Zappa, "The Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life"
"(Let's Get) Physical" (Olivia Newton-John), the Revolting Cocks, "Physical"
"Pushin' Too Hard" (the Seeds), Pere Ubu, "Datapanik In The Year Zero"

WQNA "Fear & Loathing in Springfield" set list, November 25th, 2018....

"Helter Skelter" (First Version - Take 2), the Beatles, the "White Album"
"A Giant-Ass Panda", Yo La Tengo, "Adventureland" soundtrack
"Equestrian", Omni, "Multi-Task"
"Pontiac 87", Preoccupations, 2018 split single
"Graublau", Can, "The Lost Tapes"

"God's A Wheeler-Dealer", the Flaming Lips, "The Mushroom Tapes"
"Heretic 3", Naked City, "Heretic"
"Orthodoxy", Ceramic Dog, "Y R U Still Here ?"
"Every Day Is A Miracle", David Byrne, "American Utopia"

"Oblivion", Wussy, "What Heaven Is Like"
"Bride Of The Devil", the Electric Six, "Bride Of The Devil"
"Destroying Angels", Garbage w/ John Doe and Exene Cervenka, 2018 RSD Black Friday single

"Once Upon A Time", Messthetics, "The Messthetics"
"Gimme Danger" (Josh Mobley Mix), the Stooges, "Rare Power"
"Hated", The Men, "Hated 2008-2011"

"Cold Was The Wind", Kurt Vile, "Bottle It In"
"A Nap Is A Slice Of The World", Kinski, "Accustomed To Your Face"
"Golden Flower", the Wooden Shjips, "V."

"Normal People", Robbie Fulks, "Revenge Of The Doberman"
"The Cold Hard facts Of Life" (Porter Wagoner), Tex Edwards & Out On Parole, "Pardon Me - I've Got Someone To Kill"
"Hate This Town", Slim Dunlap, "Times Like This"
"Play Along", the Wolf Crick Boys, "War And Peace"

"This Is How We Do Things In The Country", Slim Cessna's Auto Club, "An Introduction For Young And Old Europe"
"Starlings, KY", J.D. Wilkes, "Fire Dreams"
"I've Got A Devil Inside Me", Big Foot Chester, "The Devil In Me"
"Beyond The Pale", Sixteen Horsepower, "Folklore"

"Blue Yodel # 1 (T For Texas)" (Jimmie Rodgers), Dwight Yoakam, "Songs Of Jimmie Rodgers: A Tribute"
"Terraplane Blues" (Robert Johnson), Steve Earle, 2015 single
"Moon River" (Henry Mancini), The Friends Of Dean Martinez, "Graciously: A Gulf Relief Compilation"

"Walkin' The Dog" (Rufus Thomas), Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels, "Breakout !"
"Devil With A Blue Dress" / "Good Golly Miss Molly" / "C.C Rider" ? "Jenny Take A Ride" (Mitch Ryder), Bruce Springsteen & the 'E' Street Band, "Piece de Resistance"

"Muswell Hillbilly" (the Kinks), Southern Culture On The Skids, "Countrypolitan Favorites"
"Maximum Consumption", the Kinks, "Everybody's In Show Biz"

"Magical Mystery Tour" (the Beatles), Beatallica, "Masterful Mystery Tour"
"The Fool On The Hill" (the Beatles), Aretha Franklin, "Rare And Unreleased Recordings From The Golden Reign Of The Queen Of Soul"
"Flying" (the Beatles), the Residents, 1977 single
"Blue Jay Way" (the Beatles), Dee Long, "It Was 40 Years Ago Today: A Tribute to the Beatles"
"Your Mother Should Know" (the Beatles), R. Stevie Moore, "R. Stevie Moore Reforms The Beatles"
"I Am The Walrus" (the Beatles), Spooky Tooth, "The Last Puff"

"Can I Get A Witness" (Marvin Gaye), Nine Below Zero, "Live At The Marquee"
"Low Rider" (WAR), Ty Segall, "Fudge Sandwich"
"Stranglehold" (Ted Nugent), Ministry, "Undercover"
"Dream Police" (Cheap Trick), the BellRays, "Covers"

"Comfortably Numb" (Pink Floyd), the Bad Plus w/ Wendy Lewis, "For All I Care"
"Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)" (Kate Bush), Avec Sans, YouTube

"Also Spake Zarathustra" (Richard Strauss), the Portsmouth Sinfonia, "Plays The Popular Classics"

"My Darling Clementine" (Bing Crosby), Neil Young & Crazy Horse, "Americana"
"Owner Of A Lonely Heart" (Yes), the Cleverlys, live at Charley's Steak House, Branson, MO

"Anarchy In The UK" (the Sex Pistols), the Beasts of Bourbon, "From The Belly Of The Beasts"

Beatlemania redux! So many songs to cover. Love Aretha's "The Fool On the Hill" (versus Shirley Bassey's or Endymion the Yugoslavian punk rock group's version : I )

Omni--the result of an assignation between the Beach Boys and Devo. So what's not to like?!

Also loved Nine Below Zero's "Can I Get a Witness." Hadn't heard it before.

Always entertaining and enlightening, Snagg.

There were actually several more Fab Four desecrations I had in my bag, but chose not to play them - That's what next year is for....

Think I should start the Xmas garbage barrage next week ? I do, after all, have one of the best collections of insolent / obnoxious / horrible christmas music out there, and I do mean OUT there....

Hoooooooraaaaaay!!!!! Please do!

WQNA "Fear & Loathing in Springfield" set list, December 2nd, 2018...

"How Do You Spell Hannukah ?" the LeeVees, "Hannukah, Rocks !"

"The 'Priest' They Called Him", William S. Burroughs and Kurt Cobain, "The 'Priest' They Called Him"
"A Change At Christmas", the Flaming Lips, "Ego Tripping At The Gates Of Hell"
"Santa's Workshop", John Zorn, "A Dreamer's Christmas"
"Mele Kalikimaka" (Trad.), Dead Meadow, "Psych-Out Christmas"
"Christmas Medley", The Edgar Travers Philharmonass, "Another Christmas Gift For Yoiu from Sonic Trout Records"

"Santa Claus Retreat", Hot Tuna, "Hoppkorv"
"Fuselage (It's Starting To Look Like Christmas Once Again)", Centro-Matic, "Electric Ornaments: An Idol Records Christmas Collection"
"Mrs. Claus' Kimono", the Drive-By Truckers, "The Fine Print: a collection of oddities and rarities, 2003 - 2008"
"All I Want For Christmas", Timbuk 3, "Just In Time For Christmas"
"I Just Wanted To Say", My Morning Jacket, "My Morning Does Xmas Fiasco Style"

"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" (Hugh Martin / Ralph Blane), Topsy Chapman with Lars Edigran and his Santa Claus Revelers, "A New Orleans Christmas"
"Got To Get You Under My Tree", Sonny Landreth and the Dixie Cups, "Christmas Gumbo"
"Lonesome Christmas", Lowell Fulsom, "Papa Ain't No Santa Claus, Mama Ain't No Christmas Tree"
"Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" (John Frederick Coots / Haven Gillespie), Big Al Carson with Lars Edigran and his Santa Claus Revelers, "A New Orleans Christmas"

Album of the Week: Jeff Tweedy, "Warm"

"Dark Was The Night, Cold Was The Ground" (Blind Willie Johnson), the Kronos Quartet, "Dark Was The Night"
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" (Blind Willie Johnsonm), Ry Cooder, "The Prodigal Son"

"Got My Mojo Working" (Muddy Waters), Nine Below Zero, "Live At The Marquee"
"I Live The Life I Love And I Love The Life I Live" (Muddy Waters), the Lord High Fixers, "When The Revolution Comes"
"Shake Your Money Maker" (Elmore James), Rodney Crowell, "Strange Angels: In Flight with Elmore James"

"My Girl Josephine" (Fats Domino), Taj Mahal with the New Orleans Social Club, "Goin' Home: A Tribute to Fats Domino"
"A Certain Girl" (Ernie K-Doe), the Nomads, "Showdown 2: The '90's"

"Let's Invite Them Over" (George Jones & Melba Montgomery), John Prine and Iris DeMent, "In Spite Of Ourselves"

"A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" (Bob Dylan), the Waco Brothers with Paul Burch, "The Great Chicago Fire"
"Burned" (the Buffalo Springfield), Wilco, "I Shot Andy Warhol" soundtrack

"Baby's In Black" (the Beatles), John Doe w/ Virgil Shaw, "Graciously: A Gulf Relief Compilation"
"Dear Mr. Fantasy" (Traffic), Los Lobos, live at Mississippi Nights, 10/18/1999

"Papa Was A Rollin' Stone" (the Temptations), David Lindley and El Ray-O X, "Very Greasy"
"Kung Fu Fighting" (Carl Douglas), Lloyd Parks, "Soulful Reggae"

"Train Kept A-Rollin'" (Tiny Bradshaw), Jeff Beck w/ Darryl Highman, "Rock 'N' Roll Party Honoring Les Paul"
"I Fought The Law" (the Crickets), Mike Ness, "Under The Influence"
"I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight" (Barry & the Tamerlaines), the Young Fresh Fellows, "Because We Hate You"
"That's What Mama Said" (the Coloured Balls), Stephen Malkmus, "Jenny And The Ess-Dog" EP
"In A Big Country" (Big Country), Cheatahs, AV Club, 2014

"Guess I'm Falling In Love" (the Velvet Underground), John McEntire, "Rabid Chords 002: Velvet Underground Tribute"
"Ghost Rider" (Suicide), R.E.M., "Rare Frequencies"
"The One I Love" (R.E.M.), Crummy Stuff, "The Way We Listen To..."

"I Heard It Through The Grapevine" (Gladys Knight & the Pips), the Slits, "Cut"
"My Boy Lollipop" (Barbie Gaye), the Portsmouth Sinfonia, "20 Classic Rock Classics"

"Instant Party (Circles)" (The Who), Radio Birdman, "Live In Texas"
"Well Did You Evah ?" (Cole Porter), Iggy Pop and Debbie Harry, "Red, Hot + Blue: Cole Porter"

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" (Trad.), Danny Crow-Haw, "Holiday Hootenanny"
"What Child Is This ?" (William Chatterton Dix) / "D'yer Mak'r" (Led Zeppelin), Jacqui Naylor, "Smashed For The Holidays"
"Silent Night" (Franz Gruber / Joseph Mohr), William Shatner and Iggy Pop, "Shatner Claus: The Christmas Album"

WQNA "Fear & Loathing in Springfield" set list, December 9th, 2018...

"Holiday Spirit", the dB's, "It's Christmas Time"
"Cannonballs For Christmas", the Chesterfield Kings, "Let's Go Get Stoned"
"Super Rock Santa", the Fleshtones, "Stocking Stuffer"
"Little Drummer Boy (Katherine Kennicott Davis) (Up The Khyber)", the Hoodoo Gurus, "Gorilla Biscuit"
"A Child's Christmas In Wales" (Dylan Thomas / John Cale), Superchunk, "MOJO's Festive Fifteen"
"Christmas Here", Wednesday Week, "Ho Ho Ho Hospice"
"Christmas Griping", R.E.M., "Rare Frequencies"

"Just Another Christmas Song", Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, "It's A Holiday Soul Party"
"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" (John Frederick Coots / Haven Gillespie), Booker T & the MG's, "In The Holiday Spirit"
"Soul Christmas", Graham Parker and Nona Hendryx, "Christmas Cracker"
"Santa Wants Some Lovin'", Sir Mack Rice, "Christmas In Soulsville"
"Love For Christmas", the Gems, "Rockin' Little Christmas"

"Twistin' Bells", Santo & Johnny, "It's Beginning To Sound Like Christmas"
"Hark The Herald Angels Sing" (Charles Wesley / Felix Mendelssohn) / "O Come All Ye Faithful" (Trad.), John Fahey, "The New Possibility"
"Silent Night" (Franz Xaver Gruber / Joseph Mohr), Robert Fripp, "Sex Sleep Eat Dream"
"Que Verdes Son" (Trad.), Los Straitjackets, "Yuletide Beat"

"Silver Bells" (Jay Livingston / Ray Evans) / "Every Breath You Take" (the Police), Jacqui Naylor, "Smashed For The Holidays"
"Green Grows The Holly", Calexico, "Holidays Rule !"
"That'll Be Christmas", Thea Gilmore, "Strange Communion"
"Long Way Around The Sea", Low, "Christmas"

"What About Christmas ?", the Jigsaw Seen, "Hi-Fi Christmas", Vol. 3
"Christmas", the Posies, "Just Say Noel"
"Put One Foot In Front Of The Other" (Maury Laws / Jules Bass), the Miami Relatives, "The Night Before: A New York Christmas, Past Post, Punk, Present And Future"
"Things I Want", Tenacious D & Sum 41, "Christmas Calling"
"Christmas Dream", the Grip Weeds, "Christmas Without Cancer"

"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" (John Frederick Coots / Haven Gillespie), the Reverend Horton Heat, "We Three Kings"
"Kris Kringle Juju", Kid Congo Powers & the Pink Monkey Birds, "Dracula Boots"
"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" (Tommie Connor), the Curs, "Psychobilly Christmas"
"Last On Santa's List", Fireworks, "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus !"
"Donde Esta Santa Claus", Augie Rios, " Christmas Party With Eddie G"

"Fairytale Of New York" (the Pogues), Kevin Salem and Grover, "A Christmas Present From Zero Hour Records"
"We Three Kings Of Orient Are" (John Henry Hopkins, Jr.), the Boxmasters, "Christmas Cheer"
"Comanche (Link Wray's Christmas)", Wild Billy Childish & the Musicians of the British Empire, "Christmas 1979"
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" (Trad.), th' Legendary Shackshakers, "O Santa !"
"Death May Be Your Santa Claus", Mott the Hoople, "Brain Capers"

"Nut Rocker" (Emerson, Lake & Palmer), the Portsmouth Sinfonia, "20 Classic Rock Classics"
"A Party For Santa Claus", Lord Nelson, "Xmas Marks The Spot"
"Little Mary Christmas", Roger Christian, "A John Waters Christmas"
"The Dreidel Song" (Samuel Goldfarb / Mikhl Gelbart), Da Vinci's Notebook, "The Life And Times Of Mike Fanning"

"St. James Infirmary" (Irving Mills), Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band, "Plastic Factory"

"Let Your Light Shine On Me" (Blind Willie Johnson), Maria McKee, "God Don't Never Change: The Songs Of Blind Willie Johnson"
"You'll Need Somebody On Your Bond" (Blind Willie Johnson), Taj Mahal, "Giant Steps"

"Three-Time Loser" (Wilson Pickett), Corey Glover, "Back To The Streets: Celebrating The Music Of Don Covay"
"Please Mister Postman" (the Marvelettes), the 'Backbeat' Band, "Backbeat" soundtrack

"So Sad About Us" (The Who), the Breeders, "Safari"
"Across The Universe" (the Beatles), Bill Lloyd, "It Was Forty Years Ago Today: A Tribute to the Beatles"
"Boris The Spider" (The Who), the Claypool Lennon Delirium, "Lime And Limpid Green"

"A Bullet For Ramona" (Warren Zevon), Jack O & the Tearjerkers, "Don't Throw Your Love Away"
"Wichita Lineman" (Glen Campbell), R.E.M., "Bittersweet Me" EP
"The Promise" (When In Rome), Sturgill Simpson, "Metamodern Sounds In Country Music"

"Damaged Goods" (the Gang of Four), the Hotrats, "Turn-Ons"
"Isolation" (John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band), Ty Segall, "Fudge Sandwich"
"Somebody Got Murdered" (The Clash), Matthew Ryan, "Concussion"

"I Say A Little Prayer" (Dionne Warwick), Marie McAuliffe, "Great Jewish Music: Burt Bacharach"
"I Am Woman (Hear Me Roar)" (Helen Reddy), the Big Fish Ensemble, "Star Power !"

"Great Balls Of Fire" (Jerry Lee Lewis), Sun Ra & His Arkestra, "The Singles"
"The Lonely Bull" (Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass), the Dream Syndicate, "Out Of The Grey"

"Crazy Horses" (the Osmonds), the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, "The Penthouse Tapes"
"Paranoid" (Black Sabbath), Ruder Than You, "Skandalous: I Gotcha Covered", Vol. 1

"Marie Marie" (the Blasters), the Morells, "The Morells Anthology Live: 101 Songs About Cars, Girls and Food"
"Teenage Letter" (Big Joe Turner), the Nomads, "Showdown ! 1981-1993"

"Highway To Hell" (AC/DC), Red Star Belgrade, "Down To The Promnised Land: 5 Years of Bloodshot Records"

"Japan In A Dishpan" (Captain Beefheart), Henry Kaiser, "Hope You Like Our New Direction"

WQNA "Fear & Loathing in Springfield" set list, December 16th, 2018....

"Run Run Rudolph" (Chuck Berry), William Shatner w/ Billy Gibbons and Coyote Shivers, "Shatner Claus: The Christmas Album"
"The Simpsons" theme (Danny Elfman), Sonic Youth, "All Tomorrow's Parties 3.1"
"Life On Mars ?" (David Bowie), the Bad Plus, "Prog"
theme from "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" (AKA "Hooray For Santy Claus") (Milton DeLugg), Sloppy Seconds, "Punk Rock Xmas"
"Sleigh Ride" (Leroy Anderson), the Ventures, "The Ventures Christmas Album"

"Christmas With Satan", James White and the Blacks, "Ze Records Christmas Album"
"Yo Ho Ho", Klark Kent, "Just In Time For Christmas"
"There Ain't No Santa Claus On The Evening Stage", Capt. Beefheart & the Magic Band, "The Spotlight Kid"
"Scrooge" (Charles.....Dickens ?), Lord Buckley, "Bad Rapping Of The Marquis de Sade"

"God Surf Ye Merry Gentlemen" (Trad.), the Aquavelvets, "The THEN...The NOW !"
"Ho Ho Seven" / "Hark, The Herald Angels Sing" (Charles Wesley / Felix Mendelssohn), Davie Allen & the Arrows, "Fuzz For The Holidays"
"Come All Ye Faithful Surfer Girls", the Chevelles, "Christmas A Go-Go"
"Sleigh Ride" (Leroy Anderson), the Ventures, "The Ventures' Christmas Album"
"Surfin' Santa", the Lord Douglas Byrons, "Rockin' Little Christmas"

"Gloria (in Excelsis Deo) (St. Hilary of Poitiers), Elastica, "Just Say Noel"
"Good King Wenceslas" (Trad. / John Mason Neale), the Styrenes, "And Every Year, Christmas"
"Carol Of The Bells" (Mykola Leontovych), Phantom Planet, "Calling Christmas"
"O Little Town Of Bethlehem" (Phil Brooks / Lew Redner), the Young Fresh Fellows, "A Lump Of Coal"
"Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairies" (Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky), Mag Seven, "Electric Ornaments: An Idol Records Christmas Compilation"
"Do You Hear What I Hear ?" (Noel Regney / Gloria Shayne Baker) / "You Really Got Me" (the Kinks), Bobby Lloyd & the Skeletons, "Christmas Party At Eddie G's"

"The Merry Old Philosopher, Pt 1", Eddie Lawrence, "Christmas Party At Eddie G's"
"Bundle Up", the Replacements, "Pleased To Meet Me"
"The Village Idiot", the Sonics, "Here Are The Sonics !!!"
"The Merry Old Philosopher, Pt. 2", Eddie Lawrence, "Christmas Party At Eddie G's"
"Rocketship Santa", the BellRays, "A Vital Gesture Xmas"
"Three Ghosts", the Boss Martians, "Christmas A Go-Go"
"Let's Call It Christmas", the Supersuckers, "Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus !"
"The Merry Old Philosopher, Pt. 3", Eddie Lawrence, "Christmas Party At Eddie G's"
"It's Christmas Time, Ebenezer", the Len Price 3, "Christmas A Go-Go"
"Bad Kid", JD McPherson, "Socks"
"Christmastime All Over The World", the Smithereens, "Christmas With The Smithereens"

"The Christmas Song" (Mel Torme), Alex Chilton, "Cliches"
"Christmas In Vegas", Richard Cheese, "Silent Nightclub"
"Silent Night" (Franz Xaver Gruber / Joseph Mohr), Klaus Nomi, "Zabakdaz"
"Jingle Bell Hustle", Wayne Newton, "Have A Nice Christmas: Holiday Hits Of The '70's"
"Snowfall" (Claude Thornhill), Esquivel, "Merry Xmas From The Space-Age Bachelor Pad"

"Christmas Boogie", the Davis Sisters, "Hillbilly Holiday"
"Boogie Woogie Santa Claus", Mabel Scott, "Papa Ain't No Santa Claus, Mama Ain't No Christmas Tree"
"Reindeer Boogie", Hank Snow, "Hillbilly Holiday"
"Santa Claus Boogie", Hasil Adkins, 1997 single

"Under The Christmas Fish", the Didjits, "Hey Judester !"
"Feliz Navi-Nada" (Jose Feliciano / PiL), El Vez, "A Punk Rock Xmas"
"You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" (Theodore Giesel / Albert Hague), Lloysprocket, "Hardcore Holiday"
"Ho Ho Ho Chi Minh", the Showcase Showdown, YouTube
"(We Wish You) A Protein Christmas", The Fall, "(We Wish You) A Protein Christmas"

"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" (John Frederick Coots / Haven Gillespie), Joseph Spence, "Xmas Marks The Spot"
"Jingle Bells" (James Lord Pierpont), NRBQ, "A Christmas Wish"
"Run Run Rudolph" (Chuck Berry), the Humpers, "Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus !"

"Oliver Cromwell", Monty Python, "Monty Python Sings"
"Boston Tea Party", the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, "The Best of the Sensational Alex Harvey Band"

"Hold That Critter Down" (The Sons of the Pioneers), Jackshit, "Jackshit"
"I'll Never Get Out Of This Word Alive" (Hank Williams), Steve Earle, 2011 single

"Down The Road A Piece" (Will Bradley & His Orchestra), Roy Loney & the Phantom Movers, "Action Shots"
"Folsom Prison Blues" (Johnny Cash), Firewater, "Songs We Should Have Written"
"Jim Dandy" (LaVern Baker & the Glides), Rose Maddox, "A Big Bouquet Of Roses"

"Hear My Train A Comin'" (Jimi Hendrix), Charlie Musselwhite, "Searching For Jimi Hendrix"

"Careful With That Axe, Eugene" (Pink Floyd), Eugene Chadbourne & Camper van Beethoven, "Camper van Chadbourne"
"Armenia, City In The Sky" (The Who), Sugar, "A Good Idea" EP
"Crosstown Traffic" (the Jimi Hendrix Experience), Bonerama, "Live In New York"

"Heigh Ho" (Frank Churchill / Larry Morey), Los Lobos, "Los Lobos Goes Disney"
"Death Or Glory" (The Clash), Shovels & Rope w/ Hayes Carll, "Busted Jukebox", Vol. 2

"Leaving On A Jet Plane" (Peter, Paul & Mary), Robbie Fulks, "The Very Best Of Robbie Fulks"

WQNA "Fear and Loathing in Whoville" set list, December 23rd, 2018...

"Oh Come All Ye Faithful" (John Francis Wade ? John Reading ? King John the IV of Portugal ? Nobody knows....), Hybrid Kids, "1 + 2"
"What Child Is This" (William Chatterton Dix), Sleepy Sun, "Psych-Out Christmas"
"Silent Night" (Franz Xaver Gruber / Joseph Mohr), the Flaming Lips, 2008 single
"Little Drummer Boychik" (Katherine Kenicott Davis....Sort of...), TriBecaStan, "Coal, Again !"
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" (Trad.), the Black Watch, "A Christmas Present For You From Zero Hour"
"We Three Kings" (John Henry Hopkins, Jr), Patti Smith, "A Very Special Christmas 3"

"Ding Dong Bell", the Ethiopians, "Natty But Nice"
"The Twelve Days Of Christmas" (Trad/Frederic Austin), Peter Broggs, the Trojan "Christmas Box Set
"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (Dub) (Tommie Connor), the Aggrovators, the Trojan "Christmas" Box Set"
"Santa Claus Is Skaing To Town" (John Coots / Haven Gillespie), the Granville Williams Orchestra, "Natty But Nice"
"All I Want For Ismas" / "Ahmaric Temple", Jacob "Killer" Miller & the Inner Circle, the Trojan "Christmas Box Set
"Happy Christmas", Toots & the Maytals, "Natty But Nice"
"Peace On Earth" (David Bowie), Hopeton and Primo, the Trojan "Christmas" Box Set

"Christmas Train", Carey Bell, "Genuine Houserockin' Christmas"
"The Bells Of St. Mary's" (A. Emmett Adams / Douglas Furber), Beverly King, "Papa Ain't No Santa Claus, Mama Ain't No Christmas Tree"
"Christmas Day" Detroit Junior, "Blue Yule"
"Christmas Party", W.C. Clark, "Genuine Houserockin' Christmas"
"Santa's Secret", Johnny Guarinieri & Slam Stewart, "Papa Ain't No Santa Claus, Mama Ain't No Christmas Tree"
"Christmas Blues", Canned Heat w/ Dr. John, "Future Blues" (2000 Reissue)

"Christmas In Oblivion", the Yawpers, "Bloodshot Records' 13 Days Of Xmas"
"Remember Christmas", Nilsson, "Son Of Schmilsson"
"It's Christmas Time", Matthew Ryan, 2010 single
"Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" (John Coots / Haven Gillespie), Bill Doggett, "It's Starting To Sound A Lot Like Christmas"

"Santa Claus Won't Come This Year", Charlie Stewart, "Papa Ain't No Santa Claus, Mama Ain't No Christmas Tree"
"Holly, Carol, Candy And Joy", JD McPherson, "Socks"
"Have A Holly Jolly Christmas" (Johnny Marks), Tav Falco, "A Tav Falco Christmas"
"Dark Christmas", the Dexter Romweber Trio, "Bloodshot Records' 13 Days Of Xmas"

"Christmas Carol, Christmas Ray", Jon Langford & his Men of Gwent, "Bloodshot Records' 13 Days Of Xmas"
"Christmas", The Who, "Live At Leeds"
"I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day" (Roy Wood), Nick Lowe and Los Straitjackets, "The Quality Holiday Review", Live

"Suddenly It's Christmas", Loudon Wainwright III, "Career Moves"
"Christmas, Christmas, Christmas", the Incredible Casuals, "Another Christmas Gift For You From Sonic Trout Records"
"My Christmas Memory", Patton Oswalt, "Feelin' Kinda Patton"
"Santa Doesn't Cop Out On Dope", Martin Mull, "Have A Nice Christmas: Holiday Hits Of The 70's"
"Merry Christmas Santa Claus (You're A Lovely Guy)", Max Headroom, 1986 single
"Swiss Village", the Smothers Brothers, "Curb Your Tongue, Knave !"

"I Wanna Die For Christmas", the Black Widows, "A Vital Gesture Christmas", Vol. 1
"What Child Is This ? (William Chatterton Dix), / "Frosty The Snowman" (Walter Rollins / Steve Nelson), Lez Zeppelin, "Riot Grrrl Christmas"
"X.M.A.S.", the A-Frames, "Flying Bomb presents Surprise Package"
"Run Run Rudolph" (Chuck Berry), William Shatner w/ Henry Rollins, "Shatner Claus: The Christmas Album"

"Nude Wrestling A Christmas Tree", Adrian Belew, "Belewprints: The Acoustic Adrian Belew", Vol. 2

"Coelecanths", John Fahey, "Womblife"

"Zing ! Went The Strings Of My Heart" (James Hanley), the Move, "The Move"
"Blackberry Way" (the Move), Cheap Trick, "We're All Alright"

"(I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden" (Lynn Anderson), kd lang, "Angel With A Lariat"
"Almost Saturday Night" (John Fogerty), Dave Edmunds, "Twangin'"

"Bourgeois Blues" (Leadbelly), Tav Falco & Panther Burns' "Behind The Magnoilia Curtain"
"Up Above My Head, I Hear Music In The Air" (Sister Rosetta Tharp), James Leg, "Below The Belt"

"There You Go" (Johnny Cash), the Scotchgreens, "Dear Johnny...A Tribute to Cash"
"If I'm Gonna Sink (I Might As Well Go To The Bottom)" (Johnny Paycheck), Neko Case, "Touch My Heart: A Tribute to Johnny Paycheck"
"Wild And Blue" (John Anderson), the Mekons, "The Curse of the Mekons"

"The Jean Genie" (David Bowie), the Reverend Shawn Amos, "Breaks It Down"
"Boogie Down Reggae Woman" (Stevie Wonder), Pat Rhoads, "Trojan Soulful Reggae" Box Set
"Love, Reign O'er Me" (The Who), Bettye LaVette, "Interpretations: The British Rock Songbook"

"Symphony # 5 in C Minor" (Beethoven), the Portsmouth Sinfonia, "Plays The Popular Classics"

"The Good, The Bad And The Ugly" (Ennio Morricone), Johnny Marr and Billy Duffy, "Ruby Trax: The NME Roaring Forty"

"It's Howdy Doody Time" (Henry Sayers / Edward Kean), the Hurtin' Buckaroos, "Skandalous: We Gotcha Covered", Vol. 2
"The Girl Can't Help It" (Little Richard), the Flamin' Groovies, "Supersnazz"

"Love Rollercoaster" (the Ohio Players), Marc Ribot & the Young Philadelphians, "Live In Tokyo"

"Lotta Love" (Neil Young), Dinosaur Jr, "The Bridge: A Tribute to Neil Young"
"The Way You Make Me Feel" (Michael Jackson), Robbie Fulks & Nora O'Connor, "Happy"

"White Line Fever" (Merle Haggard), The Fall, "Reformation Post TLC"
"Welcome To The Jungle" (Guns n' Roses), Richard Cheese, "Aperitif For Destruction"
"Message In A Bottle" (the Police), 3D Picnic, "New Wave Party !"

Wow! It's been a festive three week sleigh ride through heaven (Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings) and HELL (The Streetwalkin' Cheetahs). Wish every day were Christmas! Thanks, Snagg!

Merry Christmas to you and yours and a safe Hogmanay. 

What? Am I NUTS?! Get blasted on New Years' Eve and burn something.

Just doin' my part.

Happy What-The-Hell-Ever, Anne. This week: I conquered Christmas; Next week: The WORLD !!!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service