TBD

TBD on Ning

I see ads on Facebook all the time that say "Meet Older Women" but I want to meet women MY AGE! I'd be more inclined to click on an ad that says "Meet Women YOUR age!"

What kinds of "tricks" do you see coming from these dating sites?

I don't belong to any dating sites. I did try the one on Eons, but quickly lost interest. It's not that I don't want to meet women, I do, it's just that I don't see an online dating site as the place the I want to meet them.

I'm open to be convinced otherwise! LOL

Views: 280

Replies to This Discussion

The Older woman/younger man is HUGE now but as a woman pushing 50, i am not in the least bit interested. I think older men are much sexier anyway.....LOL!!    BUT to each their own. I know women my age who love younger men. I dont understand them and we have NOTHING in common. I like OLD movies and OLD music among other things so when the young guys are thinking stuff like THE 80s is OLD, I just kinda laugh. I said OLD....LOL!

If you ever DO decide to give a dating site a try,  i AGREE with STEVE ROBKOFF that OKCUPID is the best free site. I think the format is more complete than other sites and they match you up more accurately. I met some nice guys through the sites. I only had ONE really strange date.

Incidenttally, i met my current boyfriend when i was out with a singles group i met through MEETUP.COM. He was remodelling a restaurant we were at.

Inc

I'm  like you Mike.  However I have tried dating sites and have been very disappointed in what I find.  I'm apt to believe that what I'm looking for in a man doesn't exist.  I joined Eharmony once and after 2 months of no matches I wrote to them and received an answer back saying they were so sorry but they were unable to match me with anyone.....WHUUUT?!

I'm not looking for anyone to take care of me, so I'm not picky about what someone does for a living.  Just want that person to be able to carry their own weight in a relationship.  A best friend to share life and love with.....I guess that's too much to ask for.

I'm surprised to hear that you are open to meeting women.  For some reason I was under the assumption you were "taken"...lol.  I just can't believe a man like you would be single. 

I wish I had some good advice for you but I'm not doing too good at this single stuff either.  I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you find someone very special.  You deserve someone who loves you.  Huggs!!!

• Eharmony is famous for doing that, i have heard. At first, i had several matches but they just either werent for me or i would send message and get no answer back. THEN, my matches started coming from random places all over the country and no one NEAR ME..i tried SEVERAL  and OK CUPID semed to be the best overall. But it seems every couple months, they seem to run out of new people. NOT just OKCUPID.they ALL seem to.

I find those dating sites a great source of entertainment.  I only went on one date and that was a fiasco.  He lied about what he looked like.  He said he "was a little overweight".  Didn't think about it, because at the time, so was I.  He had to have weighed in excess of 400 lbs.  Truth is if he had told me, I might have still gone out with him, but I've had a liar before and wasn't going down that path again.  I also had a couple I suspected weren't single.  Only available very late at night and never on the weekend.  And then there were the ones that spoke such broken English, I'm sure weren't any place within 5000 miles.  I had one guy telling me he was in Baltimore.  I asked about a neighborhood everyone knows and he had no idea what I was talking about.  Those just aren't for me. 

Harford Helen....i too find some of them entertaining. I have read some pretty funny profiles and frankly thinking  some of them were simply going about it all wrong....lol. The thing i find MOST amusing is that i have actually "recognized"  some people from these sites just out dancing and stuff. And.Pittsbugh is a pretty BIG city! Seems everyone is on these sites.....

Well, darn, old Mike, you could move to the Bay State and meet me. ;)  You love cold weather, don't you? :)

I haven't been on a dating site in many moons...

one time had dinner with a man older than myself...he was allerigic to shell fish, the resturant serves big bowls of shrimp before the meal...and guess what, the ol fool ate them and his face got redder and redder the more that he ate...duh...

the funniest was the time they matched me with MY brother  LOL

so needless to say...

and I work too, am a therapist...and that is basically a woman's field...so I just enjoy entertaining myself and meeting with my many many friends when I want to do something with someone else...:-)

Oh most of the men I have had dates with from those dating sites have been fools Steve....they don't like me  LOL

I don't have to worry about ever being matched with my brother.  He and I are close, but we're like night and day.  Maybe that would be a clue, if we were matched.  :) 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service