TBD

TBD on Ning

What's going on in your life today?  Share it with us.  

Views: 401

Replies to This Discussion

My internet and Tv went off about noon yesterday until sometime during the night after I went to bed so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe and well.

Glad you are up and running again. 

Our financial advisor just retired and his company held covid mindful retirement event for him. One by one, all of his clients drove up to a station they set up in an open park. Without exiting the car, we were able to exchange greetings and goodbyes with him and his crew. They also rewarded everyone with a prepackaged lunch from a local deli in a free gift of a nice back pack/carryon bag. All in all,  a nice gesture.

A company with a soul.  A rare find.  

I went to bed at 9:30 last night, got up at 2:00, and went back to bed at 6:00 to take a nap and got up at 10:30.
So I am getting a late start this morning. I hope you all have a good weekend.

It is a beautiful fall like day here. Thinking of the horrific fires out west and some friends from Portland I haven't seen on FB in quite some time, getting worried. Prayers to everyone out there and to the folks bracing for yet another storm.

I am going through the same thing.  I have friends and relatives in all three states and can't find any of them.  I definitely know of one man and his wife that had to evacuate in Oregon.  They are in their mid 80 and on FB other of their family members are looking for them. I am so worried. 

Almost our entire village was flooded out by Irene 9 years ago. It takes time, patience and perseverance to rebuild but it can be done. You would be amazed at the folks who come to help. Day after day for over a year. We also had a "cafe" called Loaves and Fiches outside at first and then inside the local church rectory once that was made habitable. People from all over came with food to feed everyone who did not have a kitchen yet and all the folks there to help.

The fires seem to be more destructive from the pictures I have seen. At least some of the homes here could be rebuilt, with those fires there is nothing to be rebuilt from.   

Off to get my orthotics changed after 3 months.  I get 4 sets per year,

Wasted the day trying to get on Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association Virtual Convention. Managed to get in one Zoom session for about 10 minutes and my laptop crashed. I hope I can vote for Directors tomorrow or I wasted money on the convention. Neighbors heifers visited my bull today after getting them out tonight had to repair water gap in 2 foot of creek water.

Oh, the joys of ranching.  My son lives on an 800 acre ranch of which 400 belongs to him and his wife and the other 400 belong to his mother and father-in-law.  Never ending work.  It's more of a farm now than a ranch.  Not many cattle left but still a lot of work keeping it up. 

Mine is not that big.  At one time also farmed corn, peanuts, cotton, sheep, hogs, chickens and turkeys.  Now mostly just cows, pecan trees, Pearl Millet, hay grazier, Tifton-85, Coastal and Johnson grass hay.  Also about 1/3 of farm is in Wildlife Management.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service