TBD

TBD on Ning

Here we are, can you believe it's April already?  serious signs of spring are plentiful, even tho' the weather goddess can't seem to make up her mind.

Stop in and visit for a bit, tell us how your day's going.  share a bit of your dream with us!

if you're not a regular here, maybe you could click the "follow" button down at the bottom, so you'll get an email when somebody posts here....

Tags: chatting, friends, spring

Views: 430

Replies to This Discussion

as the sun sets, i can see the smog cloud's purplish haze, but thankfully, it's not so bad the overhead is obscured. i hope we get rain to put out the forest fires -- i now realize those are the source! -- and wind to blow away the smog AFTER the rain.  wind before the rain will just make the fire bigger!  (the George Washington National Forest surrounds Staunton on 3 sides, with the east just having a few scraggly patches of forestland remaining.

so yes, you're absolutely correct, Richard, those winds off the ocean give you wonderful air quality!  be thankful!  i could really feel it when i tried to swim today!

Happy Monday all

Am happy, happy, happy as my favorite show, The Voice, is on...oh my the talent of these people...makes my heart sing

We have been having fires here as well, one pretty devastating,  I am on the community crisis team so get pretty graphic reports...although we have not been called to respond yet...well in May, it is official, am down to twenty four hours a week....yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

My friends, hope all have a Tuesday filled with love and laughter

have to go in to work early for a Stupid team meeting, somethings never change  :-)

i'm laughing at your team meeting, but at the same time, i'm sorry.  it's too bad you can't just call in, and then put the phone on mute and ignore them....

sorry there are fires there, it's mighty early in the season, but the drought statistics for the nation are really looking ugly going into summer....the good news is, only 2 more weeks 'til you're down to 3 days, or more much shorter days, at least!

Good Tuesday morning refugees.  Lynn, were you able to see the shuttle drifting overhead this morning in real?

wasn't even looking, Richard, sorry.  lots of my friends posted pics on facebook, and i shared one that i thought was super, but since it was over DC, i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have been able to see much more than a speck in the sky w/o binoculars.... i'm maybe 80-90 miles southwest of DC as the crow flies, about 2.5 hours drive time

I wasn't sure it would fly inland enough for you to see it.  Yes, you are right, it would be only a spec.

I'd like to ask you how you like your new bed by now?  Sharon and I are exploring new bed options.  I used to work with a former furniture sales person and she told me the sleep number and tempurpedic beds are not worth the high costs.  I'd go for a memory foam mattress or a topper before selling my soul to the bed store.

about the shuttle -- apparently they flew at 1500 feet, so even if i had line-of-sight to DC, that would have been behind the mountains!  lots of people got good views of it, everyone was excited and posting pics all over FaceBook!

i still love my "memory foam" mattress, getting up in the mornings with very little pain is addictive!  but, that said, mine is only 6 months old now and i know a friend in Florida says she returned hers after a year because it had depressions in it from where they slept.  The brand-name Tempurpedic seems to have a lifetime warranty (or so son's g/f says) so is obviously better quality!  i can't tell that mine has a depression in it yet, but i'm guessing that, for the price, it won't last a lifetime!

the other thing some folks object to, altho' i'm not aware of it, is that they're "too hot." perhaps they don't dissipate heat as well as an innerspring mattress would....  depends on how you guys feel about warmth under the covers. it would seem that just lighter covers would adjust, but who knows, not me.

it takes some getting used to -- turning over just isn't the same, because one's body is molded into the mattress; just rolling over isn't quite as easy as with an innerspring, and sitting on the edge can easily become a sliding experience!  still, after a week or two, that stopped being an issue, or at least it did for me.

the inexpensive way to try it out would be a 3"-4" topper on your existing mattress.  that'd run you ~$100, i think -- have seen them at wally world and KMart, as well as overstock.com -- and should extend the lifespan of your existing mattress enough to justify the expense.  that current one seemed quite nice last summer, so i'm surprised that you feel it needs replaced!

anyhow, if you didn't like the topper, then it would still make a nice foundation for your "upstairs" bed, but could be rolled up and stashed away at other times.  i know my 14" memory foam mattress was 'way less expensive than a decent innerspring one would be, that's my other rationalization for going with the off-brand.  i got it from overstock.com, along with the "storage platform bed" that it sits upon.  thankfully, the UPS guy carried it all the way into the bedroom for me!  yeah, they're not supposed to accept tips but it was sure worth it!

Thank you Lynn, this is a great help to us.  :))

you are more than welcome, Richard!  give Sharon a hug for me, please!  and scratch the doggies behind their ears....

Slowly trying to catch up..on sleep, laundry, mail, housework and eating. 

It was a gorgeous day today...after the stormy weather Saturday and the wind the last couple of days it was perfect. 

glad you're recovering from the performances, RRC!  thanks for making time to stop by here!  i'm glad you didn't get storm damage, that was some violent weather, but as usual, it returns to being gorgeous again! 

I am here and about today.  Much work to do, mostly odds and ends drawing-wise.  It is quite time consuming.  But I have afforded my self the luxury of taking time to watch some of the Stanley Cup playoffs.  Last night's was a doozy between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.  I thought Pittsburgh was going to hand the win over early on but they came back and spanked Philly.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service